Friday 23 May 2014

Refreshing Lemon Cheesecake

Summer time is perfect for a light citrus dessert.

I always find that cheesecake goes down well with the family and any guests that we may have. This cheesecake is so easy to make, there is no baking involved and can be altered to taste.

This is how I make it...


Refreshing Lemon Cheesecake

Ingredients

250g digestive biscuits
25g light brown sugar
150g non salted butter
300g full fat soft cream cheese
250g mascarpone cheese
125g icing sugar
200g double cream
Good quality lemon curd
Method

1 - Crush the biscuits into crumbs using a rolling pin

2 - Place the biscuit crumbs into a bowl and add the brown sugar

3 - Melt the butter, pour into the bowl with the biscuit crumbs and sugar and mix

4 - Place the biscuit base mixture into a loose base flan tin, compress well and place in the fridge for at least an hour

5 - Place the cream cheese and mascarpone in a bowl and using an electric whisk mix together

6 - Gradually mix in the icing sugar

7 - Pour in the cream and whisk together until stiff

8 - Remove the biscuit base from the fridge and spoon on the creamy cheese mixture

9 - Level off the top and return to the fridge for an hour

10 - Once the creamy cheese layer has hardened spoon on the lemon curd, using as much or as little as you like

11 - Return to the fridge for at least an hour or until the lemon curd topping has chilled

Remove from the tin and serve.

This cheesecake is so refreshing on a warm day! Serve as it is or accompanied with cream or ice cream.

Enjoy x


I am sharing this recipe with Tasty Tuesdays which is being hosted by Franglaise Cooking this week. Tasty Tuesdays on HonestMum.com

I am also sharing with A Mummy Too's Recipe of the Week

Link up your recipe of the week

16 comments:

  1. Ooh this looks so fresh and summery - I could just fro with that lemony tang! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm mmm! Love a quick no-bake cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious I love cheesecake , thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all things lemon and this looks perfect #TastyTuesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheesecake is my absolute favourite dessert - especially in the summer - and lemon is my favourite of all the cheesecakes as it's so refreshing. This recipe looks so good!
    Thanks for linking up to #TastyTuesdays, I've pinned this to the Tasty Tuesdays board on Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks gorgeous, you can't beat lemon flavour for cheese cake and perfect zing for the Summer *Looks out at grey sky ;-) - Ali #TastyTuesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, that looks yummy. My husband loves cheesecake and lemon cake--what a fab combo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely recipe, thank you for sharing - I can't wait to try it - looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds delicious, I can't wait to try it out. Going to take it to a summer dinner party next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks amazing and so scrummy!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks incredible - I just love cheesecake! Thank you for sharing this great recipe x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks light, refreshing and delicious I will be giving this a try

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kirsty, a light refreshing lemon cheesecake makes the perfect summer pudding. I've been using the same recipe for years (one out of one of my daughters old annuals!), it maybe time to try a different one and get making some lemon curd!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This cheesecake looks such a treat -I might make it for my brothers birthday BBQ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x