Monday 16 April 2018

Weekly Meal Plan - #MealPlanningMonday 2018 Week 16

Hello and welcome to week 16 of #MealPlanningMonday!

This week is a week to go back to normality. The children have returned to school today, I am back to work and we have got our routine back. Following the Easter holidays I have gone back to part time hours at work, which I have to admit is kind of nice. I have got the house to myself this morning, I have been able to walk the children to school and have got some 'me' time back!


Last week we enjoyed a lovely, but busy, week away in Northumberland. We went out every single day, we spent quality time together as a family and time out from social media did me the world of good! I have even found that since coming home I have kept away from checking Facebook every few minutes. While we were away we visited lots of National Trust and English Heritage sites and found that having membership for both saved us a lot of money. Now that the twins are older we found that they were curious and keen to learn about the places that we visited and it was lovely. The weather may not have been great, we got wet in the rain, we got cold in the wind and splashed in the cold sea with the sun on our back and it was perfect!


Today is the Hubby and I's 7th wedding anniversary. While we were away we had an lovely meal out at the Lord Crewe in Bamburgh. It was lovely to go out, just the two of us. We enjoyed a fantastic 10oz fillet steak, yes 10oz, it was huge and tasted amazing!


After our lovely meal we walked up to the next hotel and had a drink while watching football. It was the best evening and I loved just spending some time with him without worrying and considering anyone else. Sometimes we all need to be a bit selfish from time to time.

Now on to this weeks meal plan. After an indulgent holiday we are eating healthier and I am looking forward to cooking some good home cooked dinners.

This is what we will be having this week...

Week Commencing 16th April 2018

Monday - Rustic Chicken

We are starting the week with an easy dinner. I love the 'cook in the bag' kits, they make an easy and full of flavour meal.

Tuesday - Smoked Fish Florentine Stacks

This is a recipe from Slimming World Family Feasts on a Budget. The smoked haddock is served on a potato rosti with spinach and an egg on the top.

Wednesday - Sausage Stew

While we were away we discovered a fantastic butchers in Bamburgh, R Carter & Son. The meats and especially the pies were out of this world! They even featured in Rick Stein's Food Heroes for their Bamburgh pies, which we had and even brought some home. They are also the makers of the Bamburgh bangers which we also stocked up on. This week I am going to use some of them to make a sausage stew with lots of vegetables and pearl barley. I will certainly let you know how the meal goes!

Thursday - Quorn Spaghetti Bolognese

Thursdays are always busy as it is when the twins have their swimming lesson so we always need a quick and easy meal. Quorn is a great ingredient to take out of the freezer as it cooks so quickly. Spag bol is always a favourite here!

Friday - Night Out

To celebrate our wedding anniversary again the hubby and I are going out for a meal.

As for the weekend, I am going to plan closer to the time.

What have you got planned for this week? I cannot wait to see what meals you will be enjoying so feel free to share with the #MealPlanningMonday blog hop!

Have a great and tasty week x


Hijacked By Twins

get the InLinkz code

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love the sound of the smoked fish stack x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My two go back to school tomorrow and I can't wait. hehehe
    Ahh! The weather wasn't great here last week up here but it sounds like you made the most of your visit. Happy anniversary to you and your hubby!
    The Smoked Fish Florentine Stacks sound amazing! Enjoy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I love it that you have some 'me' time back. I soon will be there when my youngest starts preschool on Friday. :-) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x