Saturday 28 September 2013

Acceptance - My Post Twin Pregnancy Body

For as long as I can remember I have always been extremely self conscious of my body.
In the past I have battled numerous times with bouts of anorexia and bulemia. Whenever things haven't been good the first thing I did was not eat. However since meeting my hubby that has become a thing of the past.
The anorexia and bulemia that is.
I am still very self conscious of how I look.
Even more so since having the twins.
After I had Joseph I lost my pregnancy weight quickly but then again I only carried one baby, of course it wasn't going to be as quick or easy after a twin pregnancy.
I was huge!
During my pregnancy I managed to get to 30 weeks before the stretch marks appeared. Surprisingly these haven't been my problem. They have all faded and are just silvery marks on my belly. The problem which I have had is the excess skin that I have been left with due to the size of my bump!
Since the twins were a few weeks old I have been adamant that I will have a tummy tuck. I swore blind that I would never accept it. I even managed to get hubby to support me if I decided to go ahead with it against his better judgement.
19 months on, I am in a lot of my pre-pregancy clothes and am back down to a size 14. For the first time since the twins were born I feel happy with the way I look.
My hubby is always telling me that he loves me just the way I am and that my "twin skin" is there because I carried two babies who were a healthy weight. It shows that I carried our beautiful children.
I now feel that I am starting to accept my post twin pregnancy body, twin skin and all.
It has taken me along time to get here but I now feel confident in how I look.
This is something that I never thought was possible unless I underwent cosmetic surgery.
I am so pleased that I decided to wait as acceptance and confidence has returned and I feel proud that I am able to say this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x