Tuesday 29 May 2018

#CookBlogShare 2018 Week 22 Plus 4 Sweet Treat

Yay it's half term which means it is my turn to host CookBlogShare!

The last two weeks have been exhausting, but I have loved them! Our house has undergone a complete role reversal. Before I got my second job, it was the Hubby who was up and out first thing in the morning leaving me a cup of coffee in bed and at home with the children. Now it is me taking the cup of coffee to the Hubby in bed and leaving at 07:30am! The kids are loving the extra daddy time and knowing that I will be at home for them during the holidays means that they always have one of us around! I am still getting used to the long days and I am planning on doing a lot of research for healthy lunch ideas that can be made the night before, so if you have any ideas please do share them!

Last week the lovely Monika at Everyday Healthy Recipes hosted the CookBlogShare linky. I have loved looking through the scrumptious recipes that you all shared and it was definitely the cakes that won me over.

Here are my four favourite recipes from week 21 of #CookBlogShare...


I have only ever made one bundt cake, it always seems to be a cake I do not think of making until I see a recipe. Last week not one, but two bundt cake recipes were shared so I had to feature them!

The first one is this Double Delight Bundt Cake from Tin and Thyme. What I loved about this bundt cake was the mixture of two exquisite flavour combinations. One part of the cake is chocolate rum and raisin while the other is coconut and lime. Mixed together in the marble style cake you are guaranteed to have an irresistible cake! 

Next up are these lovely, summery Apricot and Almond Shortbread Slices from Only Crumbs Remain. Shortbread biscuits are a favourite here but I can just imagine how good they must be with the added layer of apricots and a crunchy topping of amaretti biscuits and almonds. Just the thought of the delicious flavours has my mouth watering!

Following on with the taste explosions is this Mango, Coconut and Lime Loaf Cake from Jagruti's Cooking Odyssey. As soon as I saw the stunning photography in this post I was a must share! I adore exotic fruits and I must try this cake. Not only does it sound like an exotic dream but it also looks like a fantastically light and moist cake!

Last but not least is the second bundt cake. This Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bundt Cake from The Baking Explorer contains one of my favourite, indulgent flavour combinations, chocolate and peanut butter. I adore peanut butter and always struggle to say no to treats that use it, so I know if I was offered a slice of this cake my reply would be a big, fat YES please!

If you missed any of these posts I thoroughly recommend you pop over and check them out, you will not be disappointed.

Now on to this weeks linky. But first just let me recap on a couple of rules we ask you to follow...
  • Add the badge below to your blog so that others can find us!
  • Comment on this or the post marked HOST
  • Visit and comment on some of the other posts that have been shared
  • Do not share more than 4 posts
  • Both old and new posts are welcome but please do not share recipes that have previously been shared
  • Have fun!
You can find a list of where the linky will be over the coming months here.

I cannot wait to see what you have been cooking up so get ready to Cook, Blog, Share!

Enjoy x
Hijacked By Twins



Pin me for later!

11 comments:

  1. It's always quite a shock to the system when you have to be up and out at such an early time isn't it (we do it everyday too)- but I'm sure you'll soon get in the swing of things :-) Thankyou so much for including my apricot & almond shortbreads with such stunning bakes Kirsty :-D
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh Tuesday has rather crept up on me this week. I think Ill stop and have a slice of cake but which one? Enjoy the half term Kirsty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of those cakes look amazing! Hope you have a great week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh good choices - is it bad that I want to try them all??? So pleased for you that your new routine/job is working out for you AND that you are still managing to do a bit of blogging on the side. Eb x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see why you featured these sweet treats, they all look delicious but Kat's peanut butter bundt cake really catches my eye!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious choices for a great round up Kirsty and hey it's half-term so we all need and deserve a slice or two of a good cake! :) Hope you're enjoying your half-term break! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds rather hectic, but well done on getting the job. Thanks also for featuring my cake. I'm rather fancying the peanut butter version now. Pinned.

    BTW, I keep meaning to ask. Can you add me to the #CookBlogShare pinterest board please?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooohh, role reversals: such an adventure! For fun, healthy lunches at the office, I love meals that have a bunch of ingredients that you meal-prep in advance and put into colorful portion-control containers, then put the lot into a lunch bag with an empty bowl to mix it in. There's just something uplifting about the vibrant colors and knowing that you're treating yourself to a healthy meal. Salads are great, and I've been on a bun bowl kick lately: those are healthy, fun, AND exotic! Thanks for hosting, Kirsty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fabulous cakes!!!All absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for featuring my bundt cake!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x