Sunday 19 January 2014

13th January - 19th January 2014 - One Picture Everyday For 1 Year

What a week we have had!
As always it has been busy, I have baked, cooked and played!
We have had some fun days and some challenging days.
Here is our week in pictures...


Monday 13th January 2014


I try to give the twins plenty of variety with their meals. But as all parents will know this can be difficult. Thinking of new foods for them to try. Worrying about whether they will like it or not. Will they eat it?
At lunch we had a carpet picnic!
I did a bit of a finger food buffet for them. I had the same so that they could see me eating it too. We had red pepper slices, cheese, ham, cucumber, bread and bread sticks. I also had some Greek dips that we had at the weekend that I thought I'd try with them. I was so surprised by how much they loved dipping and tasting the new flavours. I'm going to have a look at dip recipes after this successful lunch!

Tuesday 14th January 2014


 


We have a time out chair! Unfortunately this was used quite a bit by Miss Isabella! Today she has bitten poor Taylor out of frustration because he had a toy she wanted.
Its times like this that having twins is difficult as they don't always get on but I guess you get that with all siblings whether they are twins or not.
So I am trying to tackle this.
I just hope that the time out chair will work...

Wednesday 15th January 2014



What a horrible, dull, wet day we woke up to!
Thanks to the rain the twins had to stay inside while I went to feed the chickens and collect the eggs.
The garden is getting so wet and boggy it is getting hard to take the pushchair down. I can't wait for the nicer weather to arrive.
However, every cloud has a silver lining, when its like this I have the perfect excuse to put on my beautiful lilac Hunter boots that hubby spoilt me with!

Thursday 16th January 2014

This is my lovely little lady Isabella!
I had to share this picture because she looks like butter wouldn't melt in her mouth! This week she has been such a little tinker! No has become her favourite word and she has spent many a minute in the time out chair this week for biting and not listening. Sometimes she has me at the end of my tether, but then I get a moment like the one that was captured in this picture.
Those eyes are why I can't be annoyed for long.
She is my beautiful little girl, my only girl, the little girl I prayed for when we found out we were expecting twins.
No matter what, I love her and this picture is going to be one that I will treasure ♥


Friday 17th January 2014


I had a really busy baking day! The days I love! I made bagels, puff pastry and this lovely banoffee pie.
I love the Great British Bake Off and when I saw it being made the other evening I knew I had to have a go at making it!
Fingers crossed it tastes as good as it looks!

Saturday 18th January 2014


We have had yet another visit to the garage for the cars!
We had new tyres and work done on my car over Christmas which cost a fortune today it was hubby's cars turn. 2 new tyres for the Volvo were not cheap!
Fingers crossed that will be the last we have to spend on either cars for a good while!

Sunday 19th January 2014


A rare picture of all 3 of my babies together in a picture! But then again they are all so still because they were in the car!!
But still they are my pride and joy!!!

Follow my year in pictures at Blipfoto
I'll be sharing my 365 Project with The Boy and Me

TheBoyandMe's 365 Linky

I'll also be sharing with Make Do and Push's The Week That Was Captured

14 comments:

  1. The banoffee pie looks fab x #TWTWC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was but the toffee needed to be a bit more solid! I'll be trying it again at some point :-) x

      Delete
  2. A busy week! My children always seem to eat more when we have a carpet picnic, and yes they do argue no matter what their ages, its just when they get bigger you can send them to their room.
    I had my first two eggs of the year on Thursday, we are currently trying to integrate the new chicks, but its very slow!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've been really lucky as our chickens haven't stopped laying but this is still their first year. We do love a carpet picnic :-) x

      Delete
  3. that bannoffee pie looks lush #project365

    ReplyDelete
  4. kids love indoor picnics, it is more fun than having to sit at the table. Great to introduce the new foods. Love the picture of her looking like butter would not melt.
    Your oldest looks so big sitting in between the twins, poor soul gets it from both sides.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that bonoffee pie looks delicious x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! That pie looks ridiculously good :) There's a good houmous recipe in the River Cottage Baby and Toddler cook book you could try?

    Thank you so much for linking up to #TWTWC xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That pie...oh my :) #TWTWC xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. well done to the twins for tryig some new foods - it is so frustrating trying to get my two to try new foods although they both treid some hummus but whether they will again is another matter! your banoffee pie looks good - i really enjoyed the sport relief bake off last week too x

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had that chair for The Boy as well, he loved sitting in it and it was so convenient. Great photo of the three of them.

    Thanks for linking up to Project 365.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photo of the three of them together.
    Thanks for linking up to Project 365.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a busy week, I'd love to make bagels!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x