Tuesday 7 January 2014

1st January - 9th January 2014 - One Picture Everyday For A Year

Week one is complete and I am completely hooked to snapping pictures every day!
This is the first time that I have taken part in a picture a day for a year but I think that is is going to be really special to look back on.
So here is week one of Blogger 365 and Project 365!

Week 1

1st January 2014
 
I love to read, I always have done.
However since having the twins I have simply been too tired and busy to read.
This year I have promised myself that I am going to rediscover my love of reading and make time to do something which I love again.
Hubby got me these two books for Christmas. Bridget Jones is one of my favourite girlie characters and Michael Connelly is one of my favourite authors!
So I have the hard decision of choosing which to read first!!!!



2nd January 2014
 


I love baking bread.
I used to use my mixer to make my dough, that was until I decided to have a go with my hands. After that first go I was hooked! Now I only use my dough hook for brioche!
I love mixing and kneading the dough by hand. I love feeling the ingredients come together and how it changes consistency as the gluten levels increase!
So, for me, baking bread is the perfect start to the day!
 






3rd January 2014




What an awful night we had!
Isabella was up and in bed with us from 11:45 until 1:15.
Taylor was then with us from 2:15 until 4:30 then again from 5 until we got up!
Then Isabella came back at 5:30.
Not a great start but now he sleeps!
Wish I could but no!
There's ironing to be done.
Early night tonight is definitely planned!







4th January 2014
 
We have 2 chickens who regularly gives me lovely fresh eggs to bake with! When I got my voluntary redundancy one of the things I wanted to buy was a coop. When we bought our first home 12 months ago we knew that we wanted to live more of the good life. Fresh homegrown veg, a more self sufficient life. The hubby half joked about chickens but I was serious! Hubby gave in and we got our two chickens! They are great and the kids love going to see them in the morning. Over Christmas I got a back log of eggs so I made a Baked Alaska.
 
 
 
5th January 2014
 


Most people like to sit back and relax on a Sunday.
When the twins have their nap what do I do?
I do the ironing!
Oh the joy!
If I'm honest I don't really mind, when I do the ironing Joseph and the hubby go and do their own thing as they know if the ironing board is out it is time for me to enjoy my tv programmes!
So here I am on a Sunday morning ironing and watching Paul Hollywood's Pies and Puds!
Happy Sunday everyone!
 




 
 

4 comments:

  1. Fab pics :) I have also made the same book promise to myself this year, have so far only managed a few pages while breastfeeding!! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) I wish I had started sooner but when the twins were smaller life was manic, it still is but in an easier way x

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for linking up to #TWTWI :)

    My OH loves making his own bread too! Have you started Bridget Jones yet? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for hosting :-)
      I decided to read the Michael Connolly book first but not getting very far, it might be time for Bridget! xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x