Friday 27 October 2017

Gluten Free Pepperoni Pizza Pasta

I love pizza, but too much bread is not always good. The other evening I needed a quick and easy meal but really fancied something a little bit different. My go to food, when I need a quick and easy meal has to be pasta. We always have pasta of all shapes and sizes in the cupboard and it is a meal that the kids love. Plus now that I am back doing Slimming World it is an ingredient that I know is syn free, which is an added bonus.


I often post gluten free recipes as the hubby follows a gluten free diet so when I was asked if I would like to try some Orgran gluten free products I was keen to see what they were like. Orgran originates from Australia and they manufacture over 80 free from products. All of their products are gluten free, wheat free, egg free, dairy free, yeast free, soy free, vegan and kosher! Orgran is not a brand that we have tried before which made me even more curious. One of the products that I received was their Super Trio Pasta Spirals. The pasta is made up of three different super foods, millet, quinoa and buckwheat so with each mouthful you are getting a boost of nutrition!

This is what I did...

Gluten Free Pepperoni Pizza Pasta

Ingredients

250g Orgran Super Trio pasta spirals
200g pepperoni, chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
150g grated mozzarella, plus some more to top the pasta
Salt and pepper to season
Splash of olive oil

Method

1 - Cook the pasta as per instructions

2 - While the pasta is cooking heat a deep pan and add a splash of olive oil

3 - Over a medium heat fry the onions for 5 minutes

4 - Add the chopped pepperoni and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring regularly

5 - Pour in the chopped tomatoes and bring to the boil

6 - Drain the cooked pasta and add to the pan of pepperoni mixture

7 - Mix thoroughly and turn off the heat

8 - Scatter over the mozzarella, cover the pan and leave the cheese to melt in for 5 minutes

Serve with a sprinkling of extra cheese on the top.


The pepperoni adds a true pizza taste to this delicious pasta dish. Even with the cheese this is a healthier option to a real pepperoni pizza!


This is one of the first gluten free pastas that not one of us could tell the difference between regular pasta and gluten free pasta. All three children loved this dish and for once I did not have to cook two different types of pasta. This is one that the whole family can and will enjoy.


Enjoy x

Pin me for later!

3 comments:

  1. Yum! I love pizza flavour pasta!! And I really like how you have made this a little healthier than a pizza too. That pasta sounds fab! Eb x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm.... Loving your flavours.... Miss GF would ADORE this!
    There are so many GF pastas on the market now and unlike traditional wheat pasta, they come using all types of flours. Having been raised on traditional Italian Pasta, I have struggled to find anything that meets the exacting standards of my childhood and I often find the 'super grain' pastas to be bitter or crumbly or just too grainy. I would be interested to try this.... I wonder....!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the best ways to serve pasta I think. Keeping it simple with a good tomato sauce and cheese, Whats not to like. Thank you for linking up to this weeks #CookBlogShare

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x