Monday 30 October 2017

Weekly Meal Plan and National Cholesterol Month Round-up

Hello and welcome to week 44 of MealPlanningMonday!

We have had a great half term week at home. It has been lovely to have some lazy mornings and taking it easy. I have got to admit that I have loved having some time out with the kids. We had a great week of watching films, shopping and even had a Halloween day out.


We are also nearing the end of the National Cholesterol Month. This month I have discovered how, by making simple changes, you can increase your activity. Increasing my activity at work has been the biggest challenge but I have increased my steps by sending my work to print at the main printer instead of the one next to my desk, if I need to ask something get up and go to see that person instead of ringing, small changes will make a difference. Since learning about the hidden dangers of cholesterol I have become so much more aware of what I am eating and will continue to have more oily fish in my diet. Exercise plus oily fish in your diet can help towards lowering your cholesterol! Simple steps!



As for the 100 mile challenge I knew that last week would be a challenge. During the holidays my steps always drop so I knew that every step was going to count. During the previous weeks I managed to accumulate 84.21 miles. This is how I did last week...

Monday 23/10/17 - 1.9 miles
Tuesday 24/10/17 - 4.88 miles
Wednesday 25/10/17 - 4.2 miles
Thursday 26/10/17 - 3.8 miles
Friday 27/10/17 - 2.55 miles
Saturday 28/10/17 - 1.58 miles
Sunday 29/10/17 - 4.1 miles

Total = 23.01 miles

This means that with two more days to go I have already managed to get 107.22 miles. So as you can imagine I am delighted that I have managed to complete the 100 mile challenge. Initially I thought that it was going to be hard but in fact the little changes made a huge difference!

Since I started work and stopped going to my Slimming World group the pounds have come back on so National Cholesterol Month has given me a kick up the backside and I am back on the plan. As I do not have time to go to a group session I have transferred my membership to online. I am hoping that it will help me get back on track. This weeks meals are all Slimming World friendly and many are inspired from recipes from the Slimming World Comforting Cookbook.

This is what we will be enjoying this week...


Week Commencing 30th October 2017

Monday - Janssen's Temptation

Today, J and I return to school but the twins have still got another day off so the hubby has the day at home. He is going to cook dinner tonight and is making this Swedish meal that I am really looking forward to.

Tuesday - Chicken Korma

Tuesday is going to be my weigh in day so having a treat on Tuesday is the best day. We were supposed to have a curry over the weekend but I have not been well so did not want it. But it means on Tuesday we have got an easy meal.

Wednesday - Sausage, Egg and Chips a la SW

Yes, a Slimming World friendly sausage, egg and chips. This is a recipe that I found in the Comforting cookbook. It is a tray bake of pure comfort food. I will also be adding some tomatoes for extra goodness.

Thursday - Beef and Mushroom Meatballs

I love how easy and versatile meatballs are. I will be serving these with extra vegetables and pasta.

Friday - Fish and Chips Pie

We are ending the week with an oily fish dinner. Fish base topped with homemade chips!

As for the weekend I will plan closer to the time.

What will you be having this week? Why not share your meal plan with the #MealPlanningMonday blog hop!

Hope you have a great week x

Hijacked By Twins

get the InLinkz code

2 comments:

  1. Ooh I love the sound of fish and chip pie :) We're lucky in France, we get two weeks off for half term !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done with the 100 mile challenge!!
    The sausage, egg & chips and the Fish and Chips Pie sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x