Monday 23 October 2017

#OneaWeek Pasta, Weekly Meal Plan and Week 4 of National Cholesterol Month

National Cholesterol Month is almost over but I truly feel that this month has made me think about my health and how easy it is to make simple changes that will make a big difference. Today I am sharing with you a quick and easy meal that is not only delicious and a meal that the whole family will love but also counts to your one a week of oily fish!


John West makes getting oily fish into your diet easier and cheaper. In this recipe I have used John West Infusions, tuna with basil. It is not only so tasty but a fantastic addition to a pasta dish.

This is what I did...

Tuna and Basil #OneaWeek Pasta

Ingredients

450g mixed baby tomatoes, halved
4 garlic cloves, chopped
1tbsp olive oil
2 heaped tsp green pesto
400g egg Pappardelle pasta
Parmesan cheese
Bunch of fresh basil

Method

1 - Bring a pan of salted water to the boil, add the basil and pasta and simmer for 8 minutes

2 - While the pasta is cooking heat the olive oil in a deep frying pan and add the tomatoes

3 - Stir fry the tomatoes for 2 minutes before adding the garlic and cooking for a further 2 minutes

4 - Add the John West Infusions, mix thoroughly and reduce the heat

5 - Once the pasta is cooked, drain the water and return to the pan

6 - Spoon in the tuna, tomatoes and garlic and toss into the pasta

7 - Stir in the pesto and serve with grated Parmesan and extra pesto


There was even enough leftover for lunch the following day!


Last week I managed to keep my steps up for my 100 Mile Challenge with Heart UK. However, I think that this week will be more of a challenge. During the school holidays my steps always go down despite being busy catching up with housework. So on the days we go out I need to keep my steps up as much as I can.

This is how I did last week...

Monday 16/10/17 - 4.42 miles
Tuesday 17/10/17 - 4.68 miles
Wednesday 18/10/17 - 3.81 miles
Thursday 19/10/17 - 4.67 miles
Friday 20/10/17 - 4.95 miles
Saturday 21/10/17 - 4.69 miles
Sunday 22/10/17 - 2.48 miles

Total for week 3 of the 100 mile challenge = 29.7 miles

Total miles completed = 84.21 miles

That means I have got only 15.79 miles to go until I reach my 100 mile target.

Now on to this weeks meal plan. This is what we will be enjoying this half term...

Week Commencing 23rd October 2017

Monday - Root Veg Pie

When we were shopping at the weekend we saw some delicious root vegetable pie so we will be starting the week with them.

Tuesday - Chicken Korma

Korma is a much loved curry here. We all love it and as I am not at work this week I will have the time to make a pan full.

Wednesday - Sausages and Mash

On Wednesday we are going pumpkin picking at a local farm and enjoying some Halloween fun. We have even got a spooky afternoon treat booked. The farm has a delicious farm shop where they sell their own sausages and I am sure that we will be bringing some home with us. So what better way to end the day than with sausages and mash!

Thursday - Homemade Pizza and Pumpkin Risotto

On Thursday I am going to get the kids involved in dinner time. They are going to help me make some pizzas for dinner. To have on the side I will be making a pumpkin orzo risotto.

Friday - Fish and Chips

Last week in MealPlanningMonday I read about so many people having fish and chips. This week it is my turn. We will be having fish, chips and mushy peas on Friday!

As for the weekend I am going to plan closer to the time.


Hijacked By Twins

get the InLinkz code

Pin me for later!

6 comments:

  1. Your menu for the week sounds like lots of family pleasing meals, just like mine. It's definitely slow cooker season now too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like my kind of meal plan!! #CookBlogShare

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never done a meal plan but might have to start one now. Makes a lot of sense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your meal plans! I am going to borrow a few recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm far to disorganised for meal plan or I could say spontaneous that sound better but I do admire those of you who get your act together. This pasta dish is a great midweek meal that I could easily slot in at the last minute as most of the ingredients I would have to hand anyway. Thanks for linking to #CookBlogShare

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband would love this meal plan! I eat tuna sometimes, and he loves sardines.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x