Thursday 14 December 2017

Chicago Town's The Pizza Kitchen - A Perfect Midweek Meal

Since returning to work I have realised how precious time is. There are days when I simply do not want to cook a full meal from scratch. After a hectic day at work, helping the children with their homework, dashing around as mum's taxi I just want a quick and easy meal that I know everyone is going to love!

In our house pizza is always a winner. So when I was asked if we would like to try Chicago Town's new The Pizza Kitchen range I knew that the kids would love it! So what is different, you may ask. Well they have replaced the traditional pizza base with a deli style base which leaves the pizza with an irresistible deli crisp crust. These pizzas are frozen but taste like freshly made pizzas! The only way to describe the base is that it is just like tiger bread .

The Pizza Kitchen range comes in 4 tasty flavours:
  • Roasted chicken
  • Deli pepperoni
  • Cheese medley
  • Garden vegetable
Each pizza has a generous serving of Chicago Town's signature tomato sauce and finished with the toppings.

On a particularly busy Wednesday we decided to have a pizza and pasta feast. This is one of our favourite types of meals, we put everything in the middle and dig in! This not only gave me a night off cooking but some great family time eating together. Oh and yes and it gave us the chance to taste the pizzas!

When I got the usual question "what's for dinner mum?" the children were delighted when I told them we were having a pizza and pasta dinner. I cooked up the pizzas, made a pan of bolognese and when I called to the family that dinner was ready, they all came running!


The cheese medley was loaded with Emmental, Cheddar, grated mozzarella and red Cheddar cheese. The deli pepperoni had double the spices with both large and mini pepperoni slices combined with creamy mozzarella! The children loved both pizzas and they even ate all of the crusts! This is normally the one part of the pizza that they all leave. But this time they all had clean plates, there was not even crumb left behind! They demolished the lot. 


The hubby and I had the garden vegetable and the roast chicken pizzas. My favourite topping is always the vegetable option so I was excited to see that The Pizza Kitchen had gone a step further. Instead of using the traditional veggie toppings of peppers, onions and mushrooms they have gone for broccoli, spinach and red onion, combined with both mozzarella and Emmental cheese. I adore green veg and with the addition of the vegetables I ate the pizza feeling a little less guilt! The roasted chicken pizza was covered with slices of roast chicken, slices of juicy peppers, red onions and mozzarella. All of the pizzas had a generous amount of tasty deli style toppings.


What really makes this pizza stand out from the other frozen pizzas is definitely the crust. From now on, whenever we have a pizza I can guarantee that we will be going for Chicago Town's The Pizza Kitchen. Not only are they scrumptious, as Little I said, but they are so convenient to keep in, as they are frozen they are the perfect 'go to' meal!


What are your favourite pizza toppings?

Have you tried The Pizza Kitchen range? If you have what did you think?

Enjoy x

Disclosure: This is a collaborative post

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to try these again as we love pizzas with thinner crusts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x