Monday 4 December 2017

Weekly Meal Plan - #MealPlanningMonday

Hello and welcome to my weekly meal plan.

Now that we are in December all of our focus is definitely on Christmas. I adore this time of year. It is so magical especially for the children. The twinnies are a great age, being 5 they now fully understand the magic of Christmas. T made me giggle when I said to him last Thursday "tomorrow it's December" and his immediate response was "is it Christmas tomorrow?". It must seem like such a long way to go. After reading Rolling with Marbles meal planning post I decided to hunt down some Kellogg's advent calendars. I was delighted to get some in our local Tesco and the kids love them plus, for me, I am happier for them to have their cereal advent in the morning and saving the chocolate one for after school!


I even managed to get them at a reduced price, £3 instead of £4! All three have got them, the only problem that I have is finding space for all of the mini boxes of cereals!

In other news, I am trying to cut dairy out of my diet. Recently I have found that particularly after I have eaten yogurt, cheese or had some cows milk my stomach is making terrible noises and I am getting so bloated. After doing a bit of research I discovered that between the ages of 30 and 40 your body can start to reduce the amount of lactase that is produces, it is lactase that counteracts the lactose in dairy products plus I am sure years of taking anti depressants will not have helped my gut. So as a test I have swapped my Muller light yogurts for Alpro soya yogurts, cows milk for almond milk and I have even swapped my beloved cheese for vegan alternatives. I am going into this with an open mind and am keeping a food diary so that I can record how I am feeling and what foods may be effecting how I feel. Thankfully there are so many dairy free alternatives available. We do our weekly shop with Ocado and I was really impressed with the variety of foods that they stock, I even got some dairy free pesto! I will keep you updated with how I get on, I just hope that I find a solution!

Now onto this weeks meal plan. This week is, as usual, a busy one. J is at cadets on Monday and Wednesday then on Thursday the twinnies have got their Christmas school disco.

This is what we will be enjoying this week...
Week Commencing 4th December 2017

Monday - Fish Risotto

Last week I did my first online Iceland order as I found an offer for £10 off when you spend £60 for the Black Friday offers. I now have a full freezer and was pleased to save £18 with various offers. We are going to start the week with a fish risotto, I got some mackerel, cod and smoked haddock. I think that I am going to use some smoked haddock and make it into a kedgeree style risotto.

Tuesday - Turkey wrapped Pheasant

This is a meal that I planned to make on Saturday but we went Christmas tree shopping and opted for an easy meal of jacket potatoes. On Tuesday I will be making this meal and am really looking forward to it!

Wednesday - Red Pesto Pasta

After finding some dairy free red pesto I cannot wait to try it so I will be using it on Wednesday. Wednesdays tend to be busy around meal time so I need a quick and easy meal. I am going to use the red pesto to revamp my roasted red pepper and tuna pasta.

Thursday - Red Pesto Chicken

This is another recipe that I am planning to revamp and one that is a favourite of ours. I am going to base this meal on my pesto, mushroom and pancetta chicken but I am going to use dairy free pesto and a smoked bacon to wrap.

Friday - Steak Dinner

We love a good steak but have not had a steak dinner in such a long time. So when I was doing our online order to be delivered this week I saw some delicious steaks which will be our treat this week.

As for the weekend, I am going to plan nearer the time!

Do you meal plan? What will you be enjoying this week?

Hope you have a great week x


Hijacked By Twins

get the InLinkz code

4 comments:

  1. I couldn't find the Kellogg's advent calendars. Hmmf! Good luck with cutting out the dairy...I love the sound of the Fish Risotto.
    Thank you for hosting x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Kellogg's advent calendars. What a great idea! :) Ooh cutting out dairy sounds difficult. Tesco Soya milk is good for tea (not coffee though it curdles). Their free from range is growing too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the calender's :-) I really should try some more fish meals

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This could be one particular of the most helpful blogs We’ve ever arrive across on this subject. Basically Excellent. I’m also an expert in this topic therefore I can understand your effort. Online Assignment Help Assignment Help

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x