Wednesday 10 July 2013

Finger Foods & my Strawberry and Oatmeal Muffins

After doing my usual jobs this morning I have had a baking morning. These are some of my favorite times, when I'm covered in flour, dough all over my hands, I am in my element!
This morning I have been baking some new finger foods for the twins. I have found that they are wanting to do more and more themselves when it comes to meal times. But I often find myself stuck for ideas. So I have dug out a Finger Foods book that I have from when Joseph was little for a little inspiration.
I have started with some cheese sticks and some of my strawberry and oatmeal mini muffins (my recipe, see below).
My Strawberry and Oatmeal Muffins
110g butter or margarine
110g caster sugar
2 eggs
110g self raising flour
50g oatmeal
50g strawberries chopped
Heat the oven to 180°c / gas mark 4 / 350°f
1 - Cream the butter or margarine
2 - Mix in the sugar until you have a smooth, light mixture
3 - Add the eggs, one at a time, add a tablespoon of flour if needed to prevent curdling
4 - Sift in the flour, holding the sift high to get air in the flour, mix until you have a smooth, even batter
5 - Mix in the oatmeal
6 - Mix in the strawberries
7 - Put the batter into either mini  muffins cases for the kiddies or regular size ones for bigger tummies and bake for 10 - 15 mins until golden.
Enjoy :-)

2 comments:

  1. Those look so great!! Caster sugar- is that like regular granulated sugar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so yummy and my kids loved them, and so did me and the hubby :-)
    Caster sugar is a sugar that is used for baking as it is super fine. A fine sugar is best.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x