Wednesday 24 July 2013

Tefal Ingenio 5th Generation Pans

This is a post that I am extremely excited to write. I recently won a competition run by Tefal to win a 13 piece Ingenio 5th Generation pan set.
This morning it arrived!!!!
With me being such an avid cook, this has been a much awaited prize, and I certainly was not disappointed when I opened up the box.
The first thing that struck me when I lifted the box was the weight that was in there. These pans certainly are built to last.
The 13 piece set comprises of
  • 2 x Frying pans (22cm + 28cm)
  • 2 x Saucepans (16cm + 20cm)
  • 1 x Saute pan (26cm)
  • 1 x Wok (26cm)
  • 3 x Glass Lids (16cm + 20cm + 26cm)
  • 2 x Plastic lids (16cm + 20cm)
  • 2 x Handles
Basically it contains every pan that you would need!
My pan cupboard has always been unbelievably difficult to keep organised. This is mainly due to the lack of storage space and the amount of pans that I have. Since the twins have been weaned I have noticed how I am needing larger pans as I am now cooking for 5. I have been looking at purchasing a new, larger pan but have put it off simply because we had no more room for another pan.
The Tefal Ingenio has solved this problem thanks to the removable handle. All of the pans sit nicely inside of each other without having pan handles sticking out everywhere and ultimately taking up a great deal of space.
Tonight the pans will be getting their debut on and in the oven and will then probably end up in the fridge with leftovers for the twins tomorrow. I am going to cook a cottage pie. Normally when I cook a cottage pie I have a pan to cook the meat, one for the vegetables and then one for the potatoes for mashing. I then transfer the meat and vegetables to a casserole dish and then top with the mashed potato and grill. Tonight I am going to use the saute pan to cook both the meat and vegetables and the 28cm frying pan for the potatoes. Instead of using a separate casserole dish, this time, I am just going to continue using the saute pan and use this as my casserole dish.
I have a feeling that this is going to be great and that I am also going to love the fact that there will also be less washing up!
Now that I have used the pans I am even more impressed with the quality. The lids have got no metal on them to heat up so there is no risk of scalding. I found that my food cooked evenly and there was no sticking to the pan in the slightest thanks to the teflon coating. This coating also meant that washing the pans was quick, no scrubbing or elbow grease was needed. Because the saute pan was used for my cottage pie as opposed to transferring the food from pans to a cold casserole dish I found that the food, once dished up, stayed hotter for longer.
Basically I cannot find a single fault with these pans. If anyone was wanting to invest in some new pans I would thoroughly recommend the Ingenio 5th Generation.
The name Ingenio says it all, these pans are Ingenious!
I would like to make it clear that all of these opinions are of my own and that Tefal has, in no way, had any influence on this post.
The 13 piece Ingenio 5th Generation set
My messy cupboard before Ingenio arrived
My tidy, organised cupboard thanks to Ingenio
My cottage pie, cooked on the hob, in the oven and went in the fridge over night

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x