Monday 6 November 2017

Weekly Meal Plan and Perfect Midweek Meal - Jansson's Tempation

Oh my goodness, what a week! Last week started with me feeling quite ill followed by a return to work. All I wanted to to once I got home was rest! Hence the lack of posts last week. I was planning on scheduling a lot of posts during the half term but being ill meant I simply did not get round to it. But I will get back on it. I am delighted to say that I am feeling better again and now that the house work has been done while the hubby watches football I am sat blogging. I am still trying to find the perfect balance of work/life/home/family and blog. It is harder than I was expecting!

In my meal plan last week I mentioned that I have restarted my Slimming World journey and I have really enjoyed all of the meals that we had last week. When I stepped on the scales I was delighted to have a 2lb loss. I feel that I am back in the zone and raring to go!

One of the meals we had last week was Jansson's Temptation. We found the recipe in the Slimming World Comfort Food book. The original recipe contains just potatoes and onions, with other ingredients for flavour. But as I wanted this to be a main meal I added some lovely lean meat and some more veg.  It is not the most photogenic meal, but oh it tastes so good!

This is what I did...

Jannson's Temptation

Ingredients

1.5kg white potatoes, cut into chips
1lg red onion, chopped
50g tin of anchovies, chopped
2 lean gammon steaks, cut into bite size chunks
250g chestnut mushrooms
150g fat free fromage frais
150mls vegetable stock
1 slice of wholemeal bread made into crumbs
50g mature cheddar cheese, grated

Method

Preheat the oven to 180C fan

1 - Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and add the chipped potatoes, cook on a steady boil for 10 minutes before draining and returning to the pan

2 - In an oven proof pan heat some spray oil and gently cook the onions until starting to soften

3 - Add the gammon pieces and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently

4 - Add the mushrooms and anchovies and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes

5 - Add the chipped potatoes to the over proof pan, if you do not have an oven proof pan transfer all of the cooked ingredients to an oven proof dish

6 - Mix the vegetable stock and fromage frais together to create a creamy sauce

7 - Pour over the creamy sauce, and mix in

8 - Sprinkle over the breadcrumbs and the grated cheese and place in the centre of the preheated oven and bake for 35 minutes or until the top is golden and crispy


This was such a deliciously warming meal that was so comforting on a cold evening. There was even enough leftover for me to take to work the following day!

Now onto this weeks meal plan. This is what we will be having this week...

Week Commencing 6th November 2017

Monday - Fish and Chip Pie

On Friday we decided to have a treat night so the fish and chip pie that I had planned was not made so we will start the week off with it.

Tuesday - Slimming World Mac n Cheese

This is another recipe from a Slimming World book. This mac n cheese is full of vegetables so is going to be a guilt free comforting meal.

Wednesday - Spiced Shepherd's Pie

This is a meal that the hubby has requested after seeing Marks and Spencer's Empire Pie. Fingers crossed I can create a healthier version!

Thursday - Paprika Chicken Pasta

This is a meal that I have made before and loved it then so cannot wait to make it again!

Friday - Treat

I am going to go with a treat as we always change our mind by Friday. But my treat will be a healthy option.

Saturday - Homemade Burgers

This is always a favourite meal with everyone here. I will be serving the burgers with chips and salad.

What will you be having this week? Come and share your meal plan with the #MealPlanningMonday blog hop!


Hijacked By Twins

get the InLinkz code

Pin me for later!

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! I am glad you are feeling better now!
    Everything sounds so good. Good luck with the Spiced Shepherd's Pie! It sounds so tasty x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo fab I thought it was you that did weekly meal plans. I am trying to get organised so will be joining in!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x