Tuesday 4 April 2017

#CookBlogShare 2017 Week 14 - Plus 4 Yummy Bakes

Hello and welcome to week 14 of #CookBlogShare.

Where have the weeks gone? We are now in April and this is my last #CookBlogShare for the next 3 weeks. Next week the linky will be hosted by Eb at Easy Peasy Foodie then the following two weeks will be guest hosted by Jacqui at Recipes Made Easy and Monika at Everyday Healthy Recipes. We have got a week away which overlaps the linky so instead of trying to cram everything together I am going to have a couple of weeks off, go away and have a bit of time off with my family. I am confident that Jacqui and Monika will keep everything ticking over while I am away.

Back to this weeks CookBlogShare, last week there were so many delicious recipes shared, but again the Easter, spring inspired bakes won. Here are my 4 favourite recipes from week 13 of CookBlogShare...

Easter is very egg orientated, but they do not have to be chocolate eggs. These fantastically decorated Fried Egg Biscuits from A Strong Coffee show us that egg treats can be so much more than just chocolate. These shortbread biscuits not only look fun but will keep you coming back for more!

The next two bakes are typical Easter bakes but ones that I love. No Easter is complete without some hot cross buns and the following two recipes show us how to enjoy them the traditional way and with a healthy twist to them.

Gillian's Kitchen shares her traditional Hot Cross Buns recipe that no only look irresistible but sound like a perfect bun. After perfecting the recipe over two years Gillian shares how her hot cross buns may not last until Good Friday if you make them too far in advance!

Following on with hot cross buns are these healthy versions from Sneaky Veg. These hot cross buns are vegan and contain no refined sugars so these Apple and Carrot Hot Cross Buns are not only a delicious choice but also a sneaky way to get some extra goodness!

Last but certainly not least are the lovely, light citrus cakes from Proper Foodie. These Raspberry and Lemon Muffins are full of the delights of spring and the promise of better weather. These muffins would be perfect as a treat to go with a cup of tea or coffee while sitting in the garden on a sunny Easter day!

If you missed any of these recipes I recommend you pop over and take a look, you will not be disappointed! Now on to this weeks recipes. I cannot wait to see what you have been cooking up.

All that I ask is that you add the badge below so that others can find us, comment on this or the HOST post and some of the other posts shared. As always I will be commenting, Tweeting and Pinning throughout the week. I will be back in 4 weeks but will be keeping up with what is going on!

Hope you have a delicious week and a relaxing Easter x


14 comments:

  1. What a lovely round up! Those fried egg biscuits are so cute. Thanks for hosting the party, Kirsty. Have a fab day!

    x Jhuls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kirsty! You've featured a lovely selection of Easter bakes! Have a good week:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Easter Bakes - delicious and I'm trying so hard to be good! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Raspberry and lemon muffins, you say? Get in mah belleh! LOL!

    Y'know, I've seen those fried egg cookies several times in the past few days, and I honestly thought they were flowers... I *did* wonder why they were in a skillet! Doh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for including my hot cross buns - great round up as always - will be back to link up later in the week x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fab roundup.The fried egg cookies are brilliant and very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh yum - fab selection!! You know it's properly Easter when the hot cross buns come out! :-) Eb x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delightful selection of Easter recipes Kirsty. It's been a while since I linked up, so I'm pleased so link up with a classic recipe for cheese scones.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for hosting! Quite a spread this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Kirsty - I think I may have to have a go at hot cross buns as my boys love them x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great selection of Easter Bakes! Those fried egg biscuits are very cute! Thank you for hosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this time of year - so many beautiful bakes #cookblogshare

    ReplyDelete
  14. Don't you just love Easter! Fried egg shortbreads are super cute :) It's my first link up with you Kirsty, super excited! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x