Thursday 20 April 2017

Easy School Holiday Meals with Birds Eye

When Birds Eye got in touch with me and asked me if I would like to try out some of their spring recipes I knew that the school holidays would be the ideal time to try one out. During the school holidays we all want to have meals that are quick and easy. When you have days out or have just had a busy day at home you want to be able to prepare a meal that is both nutritious and tasty.

Birds Eye do a great range of frozen fish, chicken, vegetables, potato products, pie, ready meals and even breakfast sweet treats. I decided to use some of their delicious fish products in a recipe. The Birds Eye Inspirations range allow you to feast on fish that is full of flavour and that has been paired with perfect extra ingredients. As you know I am following the Slimming World eating plan and will admit that it did play a part in what I decided to get. When I was looking at the syn value in the fish I was delighted to find that the Salmon in Lemon and Dill Sauce was syn free it went straight into my trolley!


I decided to make a meal based on the serving suggestion on the front of the box. The picture shows the salmon on a bed of pasta and peas.

This is what I did...

Birds Eye Inspirations Wild Pink Salmon in Lemon and Dill Sauce and Tagliatelle

Ingredients - Serves 2

2 Birds Eye Inspirations wild salmon in a lemon and dill sauce
150g tagliatelle
150g Birds Eye garden peas
Handful of spinach

Method

1 - Bring a pan of lightly salted water to the boil and add the tagliatelle

2 - Simmer for 5 minutes

3 - Place the two sachets of the wild pink salmon into the microwave and cook for 8 minutes

4 - After the tagliatelle has been cooking for 5 minutes add the peas and cook for a further 3 minutes

5 - Add some spinach to the water and remove from the heat for 1 minute

6 - Drain the pasta, peas and spinach

7 - Place the pasta onto a plate and top with the salmon fillet


This was a full of flavour meal that we loved! It will certainly be made again and I will keep some Birds Eye Inspirations on the freezer for the next time I need a quick and easy meal!


Enjoy x

Disclosure: I received some vouchers for Birds Eye products for the purpose of this post. No cash payment was received. All views, words and opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x