Monday 3 April 2017

Weekly Meal Plan - #MealPlanningMonday Week 14 2017

Welcome to the first meal plan for April! We have one more week of school before the children break up for the Easter holidays. 

Last week I had a bit of a Slimming World wobble but after a great image therapy session I am back on it and have my mojo back. I was amazed that I maintained my weight when I stepped on the scales and this has certainly encouraged me to carry on. I have only 11lbs to go until I reach my target. I CAN do this! I even kept to my meal plan 100% and we loved all of the meals.

This week I got a lovely box of vegetables so this weeks meals are going to be full of veg and meals that are going to be both filling and substantial. I will admit to being quite excited about this weeks meals, they are a mixture of family favourites alongside some new meals.

This is what we will be enjoying this week...

Week Commencing 3rd April 2017

Monday - Pearl Barley, Mushrooms, Butternut Squash and Sausage Risotto

This is a meal that has been inspired by a recipe out of Davina's 5 Weeks to Sugar-Free book. This book was actually ordered by Little I by mistake when she was small, but it looked good, so I kept it. Over the weekend I was looking for some meal inspiration and found a vegetarian version of the meal but as the hubby likes meat with his meals I am changing it a little and adding some sausages.

Tuesday - Turkey, Bean and Sweet Potato Chilli

This is another Davina recipe. I will be serving it with rice for everyone else but I will be having cauliflower rice.

Wednesday - Fish Pie

This is a meal that has been requested by the hubby. We all love a good fish pie!

Thursday - Beef and Smoked Bacon Stew

This is another meal that the hubby found. It is based on Gill Meller's venison stew out of his book Gather. As I do not have any venison I will be using beef instead.

Friday - Duck

The other week when I was shopping in Aldi and found some duck breasts on special offer. At the moment I am not sure what I am going to do with them but it will be a lovely Friday treat meal.

I am going to plan for the weekend closer to the time.

Do you meal plan? What will you be having this week? Feel free to add your post to the #MealPlanningMonday blog hop!

Hope you have a great week x

Hijacked By Twins

get the InLinkz code

3 comments:

  1. It's scary that we are already in April & our Easter holiday's have already started. I always find this last term goes the fastest too. The Turkey & Sweet potato chilli sounds delicious. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of that tray-bake! The pearl barley risotto sounds really good, may have to try and search that recipe out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I can't wait for the Easter holidays...
    That Sausage and Beetroot Traybake looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x