Monday 10 April 2017

Weekly Meal Plan - #MealPlanningMonday Week 15 2017

Hooray for school holidays! I may not be saying that in two weeks, but for now it is lovely to know that we can have a bit of time out. I have a feeling that this week is going to go by quickly as we only have four days until we have the hubby at home for just over a week.

This weeks meals are going to be easy meals that I can either make quickly in the evening or one that I can put in the Pressure King Pro and just leave it. Last weeks meal plan was a huge success, the best meal had to be the butternut squash pearl barley risotto, it was so good! Unfortunately I did not get a single picture as it was eaten before I got a chance. Needless to say it will be made again and I will be blogging about it!

My last weigh in at Slimming World has certainly given me the motivation to keep on. I only lost 1.5lbs but I now have the urge to carry on and I will get to my target weight!

This is what we will be enjoying this week...

Week Commencing 10th April 2017

Monday - Shepherd-less Pie

We will be starting the week with a vegetarian meal. As we have got a day at home I am going to make a shepherds pie using Quorn mince and packing it with vegetables.

Tuesday - Chicken, Jacket Potatoes and Vegetables

For an easy meal we will be having BBQ chicken with jacket potatoes and vegetables. An easy meal which means we can go out!

Wednesday - Carbonara

When I was shopping a couple of weeks ago I saw some maple smoked bacon so I will be using it to make a delicious spaghetti carbonara.

Thursday - Tortilla Española

Now that the chickens are laying again we have got a lot of eggs and what better way to use a lot of eggs up than with a Spanish omelet!

Friday - Fish and Chips

This has become the hubby's favourite Friday meal!

Saturday - Roasted Garlic Lamb

I know it is a day early but I need an easy day on Sunday so I will be roasting a leg of lamb for Saturday and this will give me leftovers for Sunday.

Sunday - Leftover Lamb

A nice easy Easter Sunday meal of leftover lamb.

Next weeks meal plan it going to be different to normal as I am having a week off but will be back to normal the following week. 

Hope you have a lovely week and a relaxing Easter weekend x


Hijacked By Twins

get the InLinkz code

5 comments:

  1. Hooray for the school holidays indeed! I've gone for easy meals too...hehehe
    I love the sound of the Carbonara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for leftovers - I tend to have a "joker" day in my menu plan now for using up leftovers that are inevitably in the fridge and end up bumping something off the plan otherwise ! Maple smoked bacon sounds rather lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh I had that bacon and enjoyed it, I will be lovely in Carbonara. Happy Easter holidays xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, you've got a pressure king pro! Me and a collegue are a bit obsessed with them, we keep watching the infomercials on YouTube at work. Is it good? Would you reccomend it?
    We hardly ever do a roast now, and roast lamb I've not had in years, but I think I need to change that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I love my Pressure King Pro, since getting mine, my mum and sister have also invested in one. It is fantastic and I use it so much more than I thought I would. It allows me to cook one pot meals in a fraction of the time. I can cook a stew in just 30 minutes or a joint of meat in 1 hour as opposed to slow cooking for a minimum of 4. You can read my review here http://www.hijackedbytwins.com/2017/02/pressurekingpro-review.html. I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone x

      Delete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x