Monday 24 April 2017

Weekly Meal Plan - #MealPlanningMonday Week 17 2017

After a week away it is lovely to come home to a meal plan already in place. To make life easier I planned this week before we went on holiday. I did this for a couple of reasons, one so it saves me the stress of wondering what we can eat and secondly there is always so much to do after a holiday and with the children going straight back to school the following day it does not give us much time to unwind.

The majority of this weeks meals are easy dinners using what I have already got in the freezer. This means I do not need to worry about going shopping as soon as we get home which will save us some much needed money.

This is what we will be having this week...

Week Commencing 24th April 2017

Monday - Quorn Pasta

Quorn is something that I try to keep in the freezer at all times as it can be cooked from frozen. As we arrive home today I will not have time to defrost something so Quorn will be used instead of meat in a simple pasta in tomato sauce dish.

Tuesday - Mince Beef Hash

Corned beef hash is a favourite of the hubby's and an easy meal which I am going to give a make over. Instead of corned beef I am going to be using minced beef. I will serve it with baked beans and egg.

Wednesday - Fish, Jacket Potatoes and Veg

The other week I got some lovely Gastro fish that was on offer. As I know that Wednesday is going to be a busy day and I will be out all morning this is a meal that I can just chuck in the oven when I get home.

Thursday - Chicken Casserole

Last month I went to an event run by Schwartz and was introduced to their new gluten free range of cooking sauces. One of the mixes was for a chicken casserole which we will be trying this week.

Friday - Treat Night

At the moment I am not sure what we will be having but Friday is our date night so it will be a treat. Either a ready meal or cheese and wine.

I am not planning what we will be having over the weekend I will wait and see closer to the time.

Do you meal plan? If you write a meal plan feel free to join in with the #MealPlanningMonday blog hop!

Hope you have a great week x


Hijacked By Twins

get the InLinkz code

2 comments:

  1. I have often thought about buying quorn, but what a great idea of having some in the freezer because I often forget to defrost something. :-) x
    #mealplanningmonday

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very organised...I hope you had a lovely holiday.
    I like the sound of the Mince Beef Hash. What a great idea x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x