Tuesday 16 January 2018

#CookBlogShare 2018 Week 3 - Plus Four

Hello and welcome to week 3 of CookBlogShare 2018!

I hope that 2018 has started off well for you all. For me, it has been a bit up and down, hence the minimum posts at the moment. Before Christmas I was getting a lot of headaches but I knew that I was getting ready for an optical check up so put it down to that. During the Christmas holidays I went for my check up and found that my eye sight has changed but they have also seen some signs of glaucoma. This is something that both of my grandmothers had, but I am only 39, could this really effect me? At the moment I do not know if I have got it or not but I do know that I am getting headaches and eye ache and cannot wait until my new glasses arrive so I can see properly again. In the meantime I am waiting for a hospital appointment where, I should, get a lot more answers! We all take our eye sight for granted until we have problems. I am planning to write a more detailed post during World Glaucoma Week during March, where I hope, I can tell you that I do not have it! But this has been a wake up call and has made me realise how important it is to get your eyes checked even if your sight is good!

Anyway back to food. Last week the CookBlogShare linky was hosted by Eb at Easy Peasy Foodie and there were so many delicious recipes shared. There was a definite healthy feel to last weeks linky and as we are also on a health kick, my four favourite recipes from last week are all deliciously healthy recipes!

Here are my four favourite healthy recipes from week 2 of CookBlogShare...


The first recipe that I had to feature was this Chickpea Kale Salad with Blood Orange and Pistachio from Cook Veggielicious. This is the new blog from our lovely past host Mandy from Sneaky Veg. This is the type of salad that we would love, kale makes an amazing alternative to lettuce and this is a recipe that I cannot wait to try!

As much as we love a good salad we also love our meats that is why this recipe really stood out! This Chicken, Prosciutto and Blackberry Salad from Proper Foodie is the perfect combination of salad and meat. The addition of blackberries makes this salad a truly outstanding dish!

With salads I always think that the more colours you can get on a plate the better, or in this case the bowl. This colourful Meatball Vietnamese Noodle Bowl from Flipped Out Food ticks all of the boxes. Prepared in advance this is an ideal dish to make for a packed lunch.

Last but not least is this Roasted Butternut Squash Winter Salad from Apply to Face Blog. I love a good warm salad. Adding warm vegetables or meat to a salad literally transforms the dish into something else. Butternut squash will add a sweetness to this salad and combined with creamy feta cheese......mmmmmmmmmm, delicious!

Now onto this weeks linky. I cannot wait to see what you have been cooking up.

If you are linking up a post please remember to do the following...

  • Add the badge below to your post so that others can find the linky
  • Comment on either this post or the HOST post in the linky
  • Comment on some of the other posts that have been shared
  • If you tweet me at @k_phillipson and my co hosts Eb at @easypeasyfoodie, Monika at @MonikasRecipes and Jacqui at @jacdotbee we will retweet
  • All posts that are shared will be tweeted, pinned and will be commented on


Pin me for later!


Hijacked By Twins

18 comments:

  1. Hi, Kirsty! Let us all pray that you don't have it! I wish you all the best this year. Thanks for hosting the party & have a fab week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness Kirsty, crossing everything for you sweetie. In the meantime, lovely round up to get us all kick started with a healthy 2018

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! Sorry to hear about your eyes. Fingers crossed everything will be OK. Great roundup - such lovely recipes. I can't decide between Mandy's kale salad or Jenny's gorgeous squash and feta salad...but they're so healthy - maybe I can just have both - haha!! Eb x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get good news at your hospital appointment, Kirsty. Love this week's features, these healthy recipes look gorgeous:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely round up Kirsty - I'd eat all of these! Fingers crossed your eyes are ok and you don't have glaucoma. Good luck at your hospital appointment x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do hope you get your eyesight sorted Kirsty. Excited to join in with this week's cookblogshare x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fantastic recipes, as usual! Good luck with your appointment! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Kirsty - I so hope that you get good news and that you don't have it - thank goodness you went for that check. Keeping everything crossed for you. And thank you so much for featuring my salad - I feel very nervous starting again from scratch so I am super grateful for this mention. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, dear! I'm so sorry to hear about your headaches and the scare of that possible diagnosis. I do hope you get some good news! Thanks so much for hosting this week and for featuring my Meatball Vietnamese Noodle Bowls. Lovely roundup: these all look so colorful and scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling too good, hope you get sorted soon. Love the look of these healthy recipes x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to hear that; hope you get good news! x Thank you for hosting; there are some great recipes. The prosciutto and blackberry salad has gone on the list for lunch this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aaw Kirsty, sending you lots of love and positive thoughts for your eyes. Please don't take too much on and add to your stress - If there is anything I can help with, please shout x

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sorry to hear about your health troubles Kirsty! I've got everything crossed for you and hopefully you will get some positive answers after your appointment. Big hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi KIrst, Happy New year to you and your family. Wishing you all the best for your future appointment with your eye doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Kirsty - sorry to hear you've not been feeling great and hope all goes well with your appointment. Really hope you get good news.
    Thanks so much for including me in this weeks round up - loving the look of all these salads :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. We've got our fingers crossed that your eye appointment goes well Kirsty
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Goodness..... how worrying for you! Eye checks are SO important and we miss them at our peril. I hope you get good news soon. Fingers crossed x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x