Monday 1 January 2018

Weekly Meal Plan - #MealPlanningMonday Week 1 2018

Hello and welcome to week one of MealPlanningMonday 2018!

I am planning to continue meal planning throughout the new year. I find that having our meals planned it eases some of the pressure of daily life. That is one area that I do have under control, most of the time!

After way too much over indulgence over the Christmas holiday (and in the run up to) both the Hubby and I are going to be following the Slimming World eating plan to get some weight shifted. I have done it before so I know that I can do it again. We are also going to try and complete dry January, this in itself will be a challenge but will give our health a much needed boost. I will keep you updated with how we get on. As soon as January arrives we always crave healthier foods, I think that this is due to all of the sweet treats, drinks and snacks that we all have over the festive season. I for one and looking forward to no more mince pies or puddings!

I have a feeling that this week will go in a flash. Monday is about over, tomorrow the Hubby returns to work then all of the kids and I return on Wednesday. So by the weekend I know that we will have tired children but more settled now that we are all back into our daily routine.

This weeks meals are all easy meals that are Slimming World friendly. I am going to have my weigh in day on Friday so that I can have a treat at the end of the week.

This is what we will be enjoying this week...
Week Commencing 1st January 2018

Monday - Roast Aberdeen Angus Beef

Today we had a lovely piece of topside for our new years day dinner. There is even enough leftovers for sandwiches.

Tuesday - Butternut Squash Orzo Risotto

I have got some lovely courgettes and a butternut squash that need eating so am planning on making butternut squash variation of my Pumpkin Orzo Risotto with added veg and some bacon.

Wednesday - Soup

During the week between Christmas and new year I cooked a gammon joint that was boiled before roasting. I do the first boil, drain then add fresh water, onions, celery, carrots and peppercorn and simmer for an hour. Instead of throwing the water I keep it as a vegetable stock. As the meat has been boiled it leaves a lovely flavour to the stock. Before adding more vegetables I skimmed off the fat then added more carrots, potato, red and yellow peppers, red onion, butternut squash and red lentils. I brought the pan to the boil and simmered for 45 minutes before cooling and blitzing. This has given me six bags of soup that is in the freezer. On Wednesday we will be having the soup and I will make some homemade croutons to top the soup.

Thursday - Jacket Potatoes topped with Chilli

On Thursday we will have jacket potatoes served with Slimming World chilli and green veg on the side.

Friday - Venison

The other week when we were out shopping in Marks and Spencer we saw some venison haunch reduced so we got two and have left them in the freezer. As an end of week treat we will have venison served with chips and vegetables.

As for the weekend I will plan nearer the time. At the moment it seems such a long time away but I know it will be here before we know it.

Will you be meal planning this year? If so come and share your meal plans with the MealPlanningMonday blog hop!

Hope you have a great week x


Hijacked By Twins

get the InLinkz code

1 comment:

  1. That all sounds lovely and not at all like "diet" food which is great - I'm looking forward to getting back into some routine now, but it won't be just yet for us. School goes back on Monday (we didn't break up until the Friday before Christmas) but I'm off to Norway on a work trip for a week - eek !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x