Monday 29 January 2018

Weekly Meal Plan - #MealPlanningMonday 2018 Week 5

Hello and welcome to week 5 of #MealPlanningMonday.

So, last week, did not go to plan at all! Sunday evening I was struck down by the bug and ended up being off work until Thursday. I had absolutely no appetite so needless to say the meal plan went out of the window! Thankfully we are all better now and starting afresh with a new weeks meal plan.

Last week our shopping was done between Riverford organic deliveries and Asda. We ordered a bumper veg box and a fruit box from Riverford and ordered everyday essentials, such as milk, bread, yogurts from Asda. We are hoping that having the delicious organic veg boxes will encourage us to try more vegetable based meals and having vegetables that we may not always think of buying. I have planned this weeks meals around the vegetables that came and I have to say, I am really looking forward to our dinners this week!

This is what we will be enjoying this week...

Week Commencing 29th January 2018

Monday - Beetroot and Goats Cheese Risotto

We have seemed to have accumulated a lot of beetroot over the last couple of weeks and a poorly week last week meant that after our veg delivery we got even more. To start the week I will be roasting some beetroot and using it to make a bakes risotto and topping with creamy goats cheese.

Tuesday - Chicken, Kale and Mushroom Pasta

We also got some lovely kale and portabello mushrooms so I will be pairing these with some chicken and using some quark to make a creamy, guilt free sauce.

Wednesday - Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Soup

You cannot beat a good bowl of comforting soup so I will be making a creamy bowl of goodness using butternut squash and sweet potatoes. I will be serving the soup with some crispy fried bacon and some lovely bread.

Thursday - Fish Pie

Thursday's have become busy as the twins now go for swimming lessons after school so to make life easier I am planning to cook the fish pie sauce on Wednesday so that when we get home all I have to do is make some mash.

Friday - Treat

As always we will have a treat on Friday.

As for Saturday and Sunday I am not 100% sure what we will have. On Saturday it'll be a meal that we can place in the middle of the table and everyone can dig in and Sunday will be a roast.

What have you got planned for the week. How do you manage meals when the children have after school activities?

If you write a meal planning post feel free to add it to the #mealplanningmonday blog hop!

Have a great week x


Hijacked By Twins

get the InLinkz code

4 comments:

  1. Planning easy meals or something I have batch cooked is generally how I manage after school meals x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe how quick last week went! I love Riverford! I used them a few times a few years ago. I might have to get a veg box soon too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beetroot risotto sounds awesome, I'd throw some spinach into mine too I reckon. I love a good veg box too, I'm currently addicted to the wonky veg boxes from Morrison's which are only £3!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you are feeling better. I can't see my meal plan going to plan this week. I came down with a cold last night. I love the sound of the soup. :D x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x