Monday 15 January 2018

Weekly Meal Plan - #MealPlanningMonday Week 3 2018

Hello and welcome to #MealPlanningMonday and week 3 of my weekly meal plan.


Last week I wrote about our new eating plan and am looking forward to our meals this week. I say new eating plan but it really isn't anything new. We are simply combining our favourite parts from various plans and having meals that we will both enjoy but are also healthy. I have tried so many 'fad' diets and none of them last. I stick to them for a while but seem to fall back to my old ways. With this plan I am hoping that it will be a lifestyle change and as we enjoy the meals and will not feel deprived of anything it will be something that we can stick to. We are going back to basics, cutting out processed foods, apart from as the odd treat, filling our meals with vegetables, meats, fish and grains. I am cutting out dairy as I have been having reactions to yogurts and cow's milk but the children will still be having plenty of dairy. Basically we are going to be eating cleaner, healthier meals that do not compromise on taste.

This weeks meals have got a lot of inspiration from Deliciously Ella's cookbooks. I love her recipes but will be adding meats and fish to make them more family friendly.

This is what we will be enjoying this week...


Week Commencing 15th January 2018

Monday - Leftover Chicken

On Sunday we had roast chicken. As the chickens that we got were not very big I cooked two knowing that we would have a good leftovers meal on Monday. I am planning to make a pan of chicken stew with pearl barley and dumplings.

Tuesday - Miso and Sesame Brown Rice

This is a recipe from Deliciously Ella's Everyday book. I am going to make the rice then serve it with some garlic chicken and plenty of green vegetables.

Wednesday - Cauliflower and Potato Curry

This is another Ella recipe.

Thursday - Chilli con Carne

I will be making a chilli using half lean steak beef and beans then serving on baked sweet potatoes for the hubby and I and regular potatoes for the kids. I will also make a side of avocado salad.

Friday - Fish

I have got various types of fish in the freezer so will see what we fancy at the end of the week.

As for the weekend I will plan closer to the time as I think that we will be out and about next weekend so will probably have something quick and easy.

Do you meal plan? If you do feel free to share your meal plan with the mealplanningmonday blog hop!

Have a great week x


Hijacked By Twins

get the InLinkz code

4 comments:

  1. Oooo I am liking the sound of some of those Ella recipes - another cook book may need to be purchased!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your meals sound great! I love the sound of everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the curry sounds lovely. Chilli is lovely with sweet potato, i think i prefer it to regukar potsto x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've also been loving Deliciously Ella recently and am cooking one her recipes tonight actually! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x