Wednesday 24 January 2018

Quick and Easy Feel Better Soup

The dreaded bugs are doing the rounds at the moment and they have hit our house. First Little I had a bad tummy, followed by T and ending with moi!

While Little I was poorly all she wanted was a bowl of tomato soup so I had to get cooking. As much as I love spending time cooking a soup from scratch, using fresh vegetables there are often times when you need to just rustle something up quickly using what you can lay your hands on. But sometimes they make the best meals! On this day, it was the day before we were due to receive our online delivery order so we were running out of fresh vegetables. So I used some of my trusty store cupboard essentials.

This soup recipe uses 5 simple ingredients, is ready in 20 minutes and is a delicious bowl of comfort.

This is what I did...

Quick and Easy Feel Better Soup

Ingredients

2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
4 pickled onions, chopped
150g red lentils
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 vegetable stock cube

Method

1 - Place the chopped tomatoes, chopped onions, garlic, lentils and stock cube in a pan

2 - Fill one of the tins with water and add to the pan

3 - Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 - 20 minutes

4 - Blitz and serve


Not only is this a quick and easy soup to make but is also so much healthier than a tin of soup that is full of preservatives. This is a good bowl of comfort food that will certainly help to clear all of the bugs away and help to rebuild your appetite after being ill.


What is your favourite food when you are feeling under the weather?

Enjoy x

Pin me for later!



6 comments:

  1. Soup is just what you need to make you feel better when you're recovering from being ill - I hope you're all better now. This sounds lovely - I've never tried putting pickled onions in a soup before but will have to try it! Thanks for sharing with #CookOnceEatTwice x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bugs are making their rounds at our house as well, and I've been pulling out the big guns...er, soups. I am with Little I: tomato soup makes everything better. I love the addition of pickled onions for a nice, bright flavor contrast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've both been ill in my house too, so this soup would be greatly appreciated all round!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tummy bugs have just hit the first of my family, hoping to be missed out. What a fab easy soup to have on stand by though. Thank you for linking it to this weeks #CookBlogShare.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No tummy bug (yet!), but I could do with a bowl of 'feel better' soup! This bowl would be very welcome and looks so thick and nutritious! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. PIckled onions are one of my most used ingredients! They just make everything taste better! hoping everyone is a little less germy now x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x