Monday 8 January 2018

Weekly Meal Plan - #MealPlanningMonday Week 2 2018

Oh my goodness! I had so much planned for last week but after the Christmas holiday and returning to work and school we were all so tired so once we got home all we wanted to do was rest! We decided that we all needed to have a weekend where we did very little and it has been lovely. It was just what we have needed. We have been in all weekend, had lie ins and have been so lazy. But, for once, I genuinely feel rested. So now I am back on it and have lots of posts planned!

Last weeks meal plan was not a huge success. Life took over and I had to make changes. On Tuesday we did not have the butternut squash orzo risotto as I had a lot of leftover beef so I went for my trusty beef ragu which was a huge success. It really is a family favourite that I must share! On Wednesday we ended up visiting my mother in law and had dinner out with her so that was an easy start to the working week so I still have lots of soup in the freezer that will come in over the week for lunches. Thursday's meals went to plan, yay! Friday was a long evening thanks to an opticians appointment for me so to make life easier I popped into Iceland on my way home and picked up some Slimming World meals. I find that having the hubby on-board I am even more motivated with a healthy eating plan.

I selected my weigh in day to be Friday's and despite only starting my plan on Tuesday I did jump on the scales. The result wasn't great but I did maintain which I suppose is good as I had only been following the plan for three days. In hindsight I should have waited until this week to weigh in but I did not. But never mind, fingers crossed for a better result this week.

Now on to our meal plan. This is what we will be enjoying this week....
Week Commencing 8th January 2018

Monday - Meat Free Monday - Quorn Cottage Pie

As we are on a mission to eat healthier we are incorporating more Quorn into our meals and making Monday's meat free is the perfect time to have some. This week we are going to have Quorn cottage pie. I love cottage pie as it is a great way to get some added vegetables into our diet.

Tuesday - Noodle Stir Fry

I love stir fries, they are quick, easy and full of healthy vegetables. I will be bulking it out with some noodles.

Wednesday - Sweet Potato and Tuna Pasta Bake

We have tried the Slimming World sweet potato pasta bake in the past and really enjoyed it but this week I am giving it a twist by adding some tuna.

Thursday - Sausage and Mediterranean Vegetables Tray Bake

Tray bakes are a great midweek meal. On Thursday I will be making one using Slimming World sausages.

Friday - Beef in Porcini Mushroom Sauce

This is a recipe that I have got from Gino D'Acampo's Pronto book. I was delighted to find two of Gino's books under the Christmas tree. The original recipe is not Slimming World friendly but I am planning to make a few little changes that will make it lower in syns.

As for the weekend, as usual, I am going to plan closer to the time.

If you meal plan why not share your plan with the #MealPlanningMonday blog hop. If you do not blog you can join in by commenting with your meal plan.

Hope you have a yummy week!



Hijacked By Twins

get the InLinkz code

4 comments:

  1. My meal plan did not go great last week either but rather than not doing something, I made it and my girls hated it. Oopps. Hoping this week is better.

    Keep up the good work with the weigh ins. I am sure you will reach the goal you want. I thought I would have to go on a crash diet after Christmas but do you know what, I only put on a pound. So weird. I think my scales are broken. Haha.

    #mealplanningmonday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving your meal plan! Now if only I could get the rest of my house to eat mushrooms and sweet potato....

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a lovely weekend...
    Everything that you have planned sounds so good. We have a stir fry planned this week to. They are becoming a regular thing. They are so handy to use up leftovers :D x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh the sweet potsto pasta bake soinds interesting, i've not heard of it before. Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x