Monday 5 March 2018

Weekly Meal Plan - #MealPlanningMonday 2018 Week 10

Hello and welcome to week 10 of #MealPlanningMonday 2018.

Last week was certainly an eventful week after the Beast from the East descended upon us. The temperatures dropped dramatically and the children had Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at home thanks to the school closures. However I was still at work as the Hubby was not able to get to work, thankfully my work is a lot closer and in the opposite direction so I had no excuse!

The week may have been upside down but our meal plan still went well. The only day that was different was Wednesday's meal. The only reason that it changed was because I was not sure if our online shopping delivery would arrive so I picked something up on my way home from work. But I was worrying for nothing, I was astounded when our delivery arrived 15 minutes early by Paul in the Onion van from Ocado!

On Saturday we all tucked into what is becoming one of our most favoured meals as a family. We had a Mexican meal. I made some crispy chicken for fajitas, a Quorn chilli for tacos, salad, rice, nachos and dips. I always find that the children enjoy being able to dig in and pick their food. Meals like this make meal time a really enjoyable experience!


Do you have a family favourite meal? I'd love to know what it is. I am currently looking for ideas for Saturday!

Now onto this weeks meal plan. This is what we will be enjoying...


Week Commencing 5th March 2018

Monday - Lemon and Dill Salmon

As we did not have salmon last week I put it in the freezer for this week. I will be serving the salmon with noodles and stir fry.

Tuesday - Spaghetti Bolognese

Another family favourite that I have not made in a while. This is always a great meal for leftovers!

Wednesday - Butter Chicken Curry

When I did my shopping the other week I spotted Maggi's Butter Chicken cook in the bag mix. I am hoping that this will make an easy yet delicious meal!

Thursday - Freezer!

Thursday nights the twins have their swimming lesson so Thursdays have become a freezer night. I have stocked up on freezer essentials. So when we get home we will have whatever we fancy.

Friday - Treat Night

I will pick something up on my way home from work.

Saturday - Tuck in Meal

I am looking for some inspiration for a good tuck in meal for the family. If you have any ideas please do share them!

Sunday - Roast Beef

On Sunday we will be having a good old roast beef joint with Yorkshire puddings and vegetables.

What have you got planned for the week?

Come and share your meal plan with the #MealPlanningMonday blog hop!

Have a great week x


Hijacked By Twins

4 comments:

  1. Fajitas are our tuck in meal, so not much help! Curry? My boys like Korma and passanda now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fajitas are always such a good meal! We had them last week. I'd say a favourite here is Mac n Cheese :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh! Last week our meal plan didn't go well because of the snow. I still haven't been able to get a shopping delivery. I think we're just to wait until the weekend and save some money.
    Last weekend we had Fried chicken, onion rings, garlic mushrooms and picky things for our Saturday night. It's a meal we just dish up and everyone tucks in. My girls love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Homemade pizzas with flatbread bases are another fun "free-for-all" option - let everyone add their own toppings and pop under the grill for a couple of minutes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x