Monday 12 March 2018

Weekly Meal Plan - #MealPlanningMonday 2018 Week 11

Hello and welcome to week 11 of my weekly meal plan.

Last week, blog wise, things were quiet. It was a manic week, as always and I simply did not have the energy to post. But do not worry, I have plenty of recipes to share and tomorrow the fantastic #CookBlogShare linky is here on Hijacked By Twins.

This week's meal plan is a mixture of using what we have got in and meals that my mother in law can help to prepare. Fingers crossed she will be getting moved over soon, but for now she is staying with us. When we were looking in the freezer the other day we were amazed at the food that we found at the bottom. I cannot be the only person the puts foods in the freezer and forgets about them. I did start to write a list of what was in the freezer, but life took over and time became sparse. In the Easter holidays I am planning to invest in a white board that I can list everything that is in the freezer and as we use it I remove it from the list. I am sure that this will not only help to keep us on track of what we have got but should inevitably save us money on food shopping.

I have mentioned in previous blog posts about how the Hubby needs to reduce his cholesterol and blood pressure. If we are completely honest, not a lot has changed with our diets but after discussions over the weekend we are going to make a conscious effort to make small changes which will, hopefully, make a big difference. We are going to reduce the amount of red meat that we have to once a week and when we have meals that use minced beef I will substitute it with Quorn. I have discovered that nobody realises that it is Quorn if I add beef stock to the sauce. We are also going to have more chicken, turkey and oily fish.

This week's meal plan is not going to be structured to days as I think that we will need to be a little bit flexible but one day that will remain the same will be Thursday's freezer meal. After the twins swimming lesson all I want is to be able to cook a quick, easy meal.

This is what we will be enjoying this week...


Week Commencing 12th March 2018

Chilli con Carne

This is a much loved meal in our house. This time I will be using Quorn instead of beef.

Fish Pie


When I was looking through the freezer I found lots of fish that can be used together in a fish pie. This is a meal that we all love but simply do not have it as often as we like.

Beef Stew


This is a speciality of my mother in law so one day this week she will be making stew and dumplings.

Tuna Pasta Bake

This week Joseph has asked to cook a meal. He has asked to cook tuna pasta bake and I think that he is actually looking forward to cooking for us.

Treat Night Friday

Friday will be a treat night. By the end of the week we always need one.

As for the weekend I will plan closer to the time once we know what we are doing.

What have you got planned this week? What would your top freezer tips be?

Now it is time for you to share your meal plan with the #MealPlanningMonday blog hop!

Have a delicious week x




Hijacked By Twins

get the InLinkz code

2 comments:

  1. Can Joseph cook for me too?? Tuna pasta bake is is one of my all-time favourite meals!! In terms of freezer tips, we simply try not to fill it up too much and make sure we check weekly for things to use the following week. That way you won't end up with too much in there! The freezer list sounds like a plan though! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a regular member of this site, I always notice that your blog posts are so unique and well explained with deep information. Tnx for the splendid post. I must share your post on my social medias and "mypasta makers website" for giving you maximum coverage of visitor of the post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x