Tuesday 13 March 2018

#CookBlogShare 2018 Week 11 - Plus Super Soups and Bread

Hello and welcome to week 11 of the Cook Blog Share linky.

The week when it is my turn to host, is always a week I look forward to. Hosting gives me the perfect excuse to sit back and read your posts. Since I started working full time I have found that I never stop and really do miss having the time to dedicate to reading blogs like I did before. During term time I tend to be more quiet but working in a school means that I have lots of holidays which gives me the ideal time to catch up. In two and a half weeks we all break up for the Easter holidays so we are all well and truly on the count down.

Usually at this time of year I am looking at making more spring time recipes but thanks to the great British weather that we have been having, snow, rain, wind, etc. I am still swaying towards warming, comforting meals. So it is not surprising that this week it was the warming soups that won me over and a necessary side dish to go with them!

Here are my four favourite recipes from week 10 of #CookBlogShare...

It is Jerusalem artichoke season and we have been having them quite a bit, but I always tend to have them boiled or roasted so when I saw this Jerusalem artichoke and celeriac soup with coconut and chilli from Cook Veggielicious it certainly got my attention. Celeriac soup is so creamy and with the addition of the artichokes I bet that this is a bowl of deliciousness!

The following soup from Everyday Healthy Recipes is an all time favourite of mine but Monika's soup has an added extra. This Roasted Pepper, Quinoa and Basil Soup has an enticingly vibrant colour and the addition of quinoa makes this a filling bowl with added goodness!

The third soup that I chose this week is another recipe that features Jerusalem artichoke but combined with a different vegetable. Jo's Kitchen Larder shared this Jerusalem Artichoke and Carrot Soup. Jo has kept the ingredients and flavours simple which has created a soup which I cannot wait to make!

For me, if you have a bowl of soup, you must have some fresh bread to dip. That is where the fourth and final recipe in this round up comes in. This Algerian Semolina Bread from Jess Eats and Travels looks and sounds like the ideal accompaniment to any of these three warming soups.

Now on to this weeks linky I cannot wait to see what you have been cooking up. Before I share the linky let me just recap the rules.
  • Add the badge to the post that you are sharing so that others can find the linky.
  • You can add up to 4 recipes, old and new recipes welcome but please do not add posts that you have shared in the past.
  • Comment on either this post or the post that I have linked up and labelled HOST.
  • Comment on some of the other recipes that have been shared.
  • If you Tweet me at @k_phillipson I will retweet and not forgetting if you tag my lovely co-hosts Eb Easy Peasy Foodie at @easypeasyfoodie, Jacqui Recipes Made Easy at @jacdotbee and Monika Everyday Healthy Recipes at @MonikasRecipes I am sure that they will share your posts!
  • Over the week I will be commenting, Tweeting and pinning all of your recipes!
Now over to you.

Have a great week x

Hijacked By Twins

16 comments:

  1. Hi, Kirsty! Thanks a lot for hosting! Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean Kirsty. Really tired of winter now and hoping that by the time we reach Easter break it will sort itself out and surprise use with lovely spring sunshine and warm temperatures. We've had couple of almost spring like days last week here in West Sussex so fingers crossed! Thank you so much for including my humble soup amongst other delicious creations :) The Algerian bread that Jess has linked up would be simply perfect for dunking in. Yum! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love homemade soups, these all look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such lovely soups...and so appropriate for the weather we've had recently...though it feels like it's finally on the turn and spring is coming!! Eb x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That bread looks so good and would be perfect for dunking into any one of those delicious looking soups.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for hosting! Also I have never had a Big Mac! Your pictures make it look pretty tasty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those soups look delicious and the bread just right to go with them. Its still certainly cold enough to want soup.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for featuring my bread recipe :) Those soups all look perfect for the weather we're having right now! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for featuring my soup Kirsty! I am all about soup these days, can't wait for the weather to get warmer so I can get in a salad mode:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks SO much for including my soup Kirsty! So glad you liked the look of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those soups look so delicious and warming, exactly what we need right now. I’m really looking forward to the Easter holidays too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm still eating loads of soups at the moment too and it feels like I will be for the next few weeks as well. I bet you can't wait for the Easter holidays to catch up a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. All of those soups as well as Jess's bread recipe look perfect for the chilly weather we've been having. Not a lot beats a good bowl of warming soup.
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  14. We are still decisively in soup season here in Wisconsin, USA, and I don't see that ending any time soon. So this roundup is very timely! I was drooling over Jo's Jerusalem Artichoke and Carrot Soup and Monika's Roasted Pepper, Quinoa and Basil Soup when I saw them in last week's linky. But these ALL look absolutely delicious. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Delicious round up Kirsty, I've been working on a post this week for soups-for-one, it's definitely been a soupy kind of week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It has so been soup weather in the last couple of weeks..... Great seasonal round up! Mind you.... bring on the strawberries.... I'm ready for summer! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x