Monday 10 February 2014

Budget Weekly Meal Plan - Week Commencing 10th February 2014

We are now on week 2 of the Great British Budget.
Last week went well and the meal plan was a success.
Last week my oven stopped heating up and I have an engineer coming out tomorrow to see what is wrong with it. Hopefully he can fix it there and then tomorrow.
However I have planned meals this week that I can make using just the hob, grill or slow cooker just in case the worst happens!

Week Commencing 10th February 2014

Thai Sea Bass

This may not sound like a budget meal, but thankfully it is! I managed to buy some sea bass fillets thanks to the reduced section at the supermarket! I managed to buy 4 sea bass fillets for £4 instead of the regular price of £8! They were at their fresh use by date but could be frozen. I am marinading the sea bass fillets in a lemon, chilli and ginger sauce before grilling them. The fish will be served with sugar snap peas, baby sweetcorn and sweet potato.

Creamy Garlic and Herb Turkey

This is a quick and easy meal of turkey breast in a cream cheese, garlic and herb sauce served with pasta.

Mushroom Stroganoff

This is a family favourite served with brown wholegrain rice.

Mexican Beef and Vegetable Stew

This is a new dish that I will be trying this week. It is going to be a twist on a traditional stew but using the chillies that I bought last week it will be like a chilli con carne. This will be served with mashed sweet potato.

Spinach and Ricotta

This dish all depends on whether my oven gets fixed! It will either be a spinach and ricotta lasagne with toasted pine nuts or spinach and ricotta with spaghetti.

This week I have only listed 5 meals. This is because on Thursday the hubby is taking me out for a meal to celebrate Valentines day!

 
Join the Great British Budget Challenge
 
Disclaimer: I volunteered to take part in this campaign as it is a subject that is close to my heart. However at the end there is a prize draw for the panellists.

I am sharing my weekly meal plan on At Home With Mrs M's Meal Planning Monday


3 comments:

  1. Your week sounds delicious. I meal plan to try and stay to a budget, it's a good way x

    ReplyDelete
  2. creamy garlic and herb turkey sounds delicious in fact most of it does I need to start budgeting or at least have a go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your oven is fixed soon!!
    Everything sounds delicious x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x