Wednesday 19 February 2014

Thai Style Sea Bass

In my box of vegetables last week I got some chillis.
I love chillis but wanted to try something new with them
I looked through various books for ideas, mixed a couple together, changed a couple of ingredients and came up with this citrus dish with a kick!
 
Thai Style Sea Bass
Ingredients
4 sea bass fillets
5g fresh ginger, grated
1 lemon, juiced
20g caster sugar
15g fine sea salt
2 red chillis, finely chopped
4tbsp creme fraiche
2tbsp fresh chopped mint
 
Method
1 - Mix together the ginger, lemon juice, caster sugar, sea salt and chillis
2 - Place in a dish and add the sea bass, cover and marinade for about 4 hours in the fridge turning the fish half way through
 
3 - To prepare the cooling mint dip simply mix together the creme fraiche and mint
 
4 - To cook the sea bass place under a medium grill for about 10 minutes, 5 minutes on each side
 
Serve with sweet potato crunchy sugar snap peas, baby sweet corn, french beans and broccoli.
The cooling mint dip provides a delicious contrast to the hot spicy chillis.
This is such a simple but tasty fish dish to make and could work with any white fish.
Enjoy x
 

 
I am sharing my fish dish with Honest Mum's Tasty Tuesdays. This week Papa G shares a Prawn and Feta recipe which combines two of my favourite foods together! Check it out and other recipes at Honest Mum's Tasty Tuesdays
 
I am also sharing with A Mummy Too's Recipe of the Week. Check out Recipe of the Week for lots of delicious recipes
 
Link up your recipe of the week
 

4 comments:

  1. This looks and sounds delicious - we used to eat a lot of sea bass when we lived in France and we really should look at trying different dishes with it now we're living in the UK. Thanks for sharing!
    Popping over from #recipeoftheweek & #TastyTuesdays

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, yum, yum, I love sea bass! This is a really nice Thai version. Mel #TastyTuesdays

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, we adore sea bass but never thought to give it a Thai edge, will now! Thanks for linking up to #tastytuesdays

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Thai flavours are my all time favourite and this looks beautiful. Sorry I'm popping over later than usual from #recipeoftheweek - Linky Tools went down! Thanks for linking up. I've Pinned and Tweeted this post and a fresh linky is open over on the blog x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x