Friday 14 February 2014

Valentines Day Suet Pudding

With my oven being broken I had to think of another way to bake my hubby a Valentines treat!
My hubby loves suet pudding and thankfully this is a pudding which is steamed.
I normally steam them in the oven but after steaming my Christmas pudding in a pan of boiling water I thought I'd bake hubby's treat the same way!
This is what I did...
 
Valentines Day Suet Pudding
 
Ingredients
 
150g self raising flour
75g vegetable suet
75g caster sugar
1 1/2tsp mixed spice
100g mixed fruit with candied peel
1 egg
 
Method
 
1 - Mix together the self raising flour, caster sugar, vegetable suet, mixed spice and dried fruit
 
2 - Add the egg and add a little full fat milk if the mixture is too dry
 
3 - Grease a large pudding bowl with butter and add the pudding mixture
 
4 - Cover with greaseproof paper and foil, fold them together in a fan style to allow room for expansion during steaming, tie with string to secure
5 - Place the covered pudding bowl in a large pan and pour in water until it reaches half way up the pudding bowl, cover and put on a high heat until boiling then reduce down and simmer

6 - Leave to simmer for 2 hours

7 - After 2 hours remove from the pan and tip the pudding onto a plate

8 - Once cooled a little sprinkle with icing sugar and decorate with a red icing heart, I used strawberry jam to secure the icing heart

This pudding is delicious served warm with custard!
A true winter treat that warms you up while it is cold outside.
Enjoy x
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x