Sunday 2 March 2014

24th February - 2nd March 2014 - One Picture Everyday for One Year

This week has been full of outdoor play. It is so liberating to be able to go out in the fresh air without getting either wet or blown away!
I am also pleased to say that, at last, we are getting back to our usual healthy, bug free selves!
Joseph went back to school on Monday so this week we have been getting back into our weekly routine.
Here is our week in pictures...

Monday 24th February 2014
 
 
Monday was a day full of jobs. I spent the whole day cleaning and doing housework. After being ill and having the hubby home I put chores to one side so that we could spend some quality time together, which we all thoroughly enjoyed. It just meant more work trying to catch up, but it was worth it. It wasn't until the kiddies were all in bed and I sat down, I realised I had not taken a single picture! So for all of my hard work I treated myself to some of the delicious Hanley's chocolate that the hubby got me for Valentines day!
 
Tuesday 25th February 2014
 
 
 
At last, a sunny day! This morning, after we had taken Joseph to school, the twins explored the garden and enjoyed their new found freedom! When it was time to go in, it took a lot of persuading and after a tantrum, and a little longer in the garden, I managed to get them inside. These two are going to love playing outside, just as their big brother did at that age.
 
Wednesday 26th February 2014
 
 
 
As soon as we got back from the morning school run the twins wanted to be out in the garden again. At last we have some signs that spring is just round the corner. Isabella found the daffodils today and kept shouting excitedly "Look! Mummy! Flowers!" she'd run up to the daffodil, sniff it, say "Urrrrr" run off, then do it all over again!
 
Thursday 27th February 2014
 
 
 
The twins got these colour matching activity boards for Christmas which we put away. When I was getting them both ready for bed on Thursday night Isabella found the peg board and brought it over saying "this mummy". When they had their pj's on and we were waiting for hubby to bring the milk up I sat with her while she had a go. I was astounded that on her first go, she knew where each and every peg went without me needing to tell her or correct her! I can't believe how much they are growing. They really are coming on in leaps and bounds!
 
Friday 28th February 2014
 
 
 
The twins are certainly growing in confidence! After trying all week, on Friday, they mastered climbing up the steps, sitting down and sliding down the slide on their own. There really is no stopping them now!
 
Saturday 1st March 2014


 
 
 
While I was out with Joseph in the morning I received the picture of the twins from hubby. These days it is so hard to get them to both stand still together for a photograph. This picture made my heart fill with pride and even though I didn't take it, I had to share it!
All 5 of us enjoyed some garden time on Saturday afternoon. Hubby started doing some gardening jobs and tidying up after the winter while I played with the kids and snapped lots of pictures! When Joseph saw that the twins could do the slides on their own he couldn't resist joining in which was lovely to see. He is such a great big brother and really does dote on them! They certainly think the world of him too!
 
Sunday 2nd March 2014
 
 
 
This week, my Silent Sunday picture, really does sum up our week. Lots of out door play and new experiences for the twins! For their birthday one of their auntie and uncles bought them a sand and water table. Hubby put it all together for them and filled one half with sand. They loved it! Their hands were in and the spades were out. When the weather gets warmer they will also love the water but for now they are having so much fun with the sand!
 
We have had such a lovely week and have been lucky to have more spring like weather. I am just hoping that it is here to stay as I now have twins that want to be outside at every available opportunity!
 
Follow my year in pictures at Blipfoto
I'll be sharing my 365 Project with The Boy and Me

365

I'll also be sharing with Make Do and Push's The Week That Was Captured #TWTWC

Grab button for The Week That Was








38 comments:

  1. I love Tuesdays shot, it looks like the sun is shining only on the twins.
    Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) I got that first thing in the morning after the school run

      Delete
  2. Great seeing them enjoying the garden! I love the one of her smelling the daffodil!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll always smile at that picture, she was so funny :-)

      Delete
  3. love seeing posts about twins think its amazing my aunts are twins xx lovely blog hunny xx whats it like having twins do they like diffrent foods ? if not bet meal times are crazy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun but tiring with twins! Luckily they both eat the same and do everything together which makes life easier x

      Delete
  4. it has been soooooo good to see some sunshine at last this week hasn't it? i love the second photo with the rays if sun shining down on the twins. those chooclates look nice - they have lasted well!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are loads of chocolates! But they've lasted well thanks to the dreaded bug! It is such a relief to be able to get out at last xx

      Delete
  5. I love the sunbeam photo, and how wonderful that you've managed to spend so much time in the garden! Just brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great week, just hope the nice weather stays!

      Delete
  6. It has been lovely seeing the sunshine this week hasn't it. Hope you enjoyed your chocolates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been great and I hope we have more weeks like this!

      Delete
  7. I'm so glad you've been able to get outside! Those two look like they are having such a lovely time. It's hard to resist taking lots of photos when they're that age :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have loved being out, the hard job has been getting them in :-)

      Delete
  8. Isn't it fab to finally get outside? Makes everything seem so much better :) The twins look like they're having so much fun on their slides!

    Thank you so much for linking up to #TWTWC xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have loved being outside and are constantly wanting to go out now :-) thank you for hosting xx

      Delete
  9. a garden is a godsend with children, my son use to scream holy murder when I brought him in to bath him in an evening. I think it is lovely when siblings get on with each other and the younger ones dote on the bigger ones.
    Love your comments on her sniffing the flowers, so comical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine not having a garden we love being outside. It great when the children play together it fills my heart with pride! The daffodil picture will always make me smile she was so funny :-)

      Delete
  10. I love the you put the text under the pictures and i love how your twins are so confident and playful matching slide woot woot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) this post is like my diary to look back on x

      Delete
  11. What a lot of lovely outdoor photos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the photo of your little one sniffing the daffodils…we had a lot of love for the daffs this weekend…as I tried to explain how bulbs became flowers. Lots of head scratching on that one with our 2.5 year old! #TWTWC Vicky from Ville de Brighton x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arrr bless :-) its lovely to see the daffodils flowering it certainly feels like spring is coming!

      Delete
  13. Gorgeous pictures - they are enjoying some lovely bright colourful play and there'll be lots ahead with a great big brother joining in like that - top week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) their big brother loves playing with them, he's fab with them

      Delete
  14. Looks like a busy, happy week in your household, such a blessing!xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sunshine and fun all round, what lovely pictures! You're going to have such a great daily record of their lives with your pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you this is one of my favourite posts of the week I see it as my diary to look back on :-)

      Delete
  16. Those choccies look amazing!! Hope you enjoyed them! Your twins are just gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The choccies are sooo yummy!! It is so hard to resist the twins cheeky little grins even when they're being little monkeys :-) xx

      Delete
  17. Beautiful photos and what a fab week #blogclub

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) looking forward to more weeks like that one!

      Delete
  18. Looks like you had a lovely week, and I totally agree, it is so nice to be able to get outdoors again isn't it! I love Tuesday's photo of the twins in the garden, and the one of Isabella smelling the flowers is so cute! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful pictures, so lovely to get out in the sunshine:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those chocolates look lush!! And it is so good to be able to get outdoors in the sun finally isnt it?

    ReplyDelete
  21. What fabulous photos - love the second one especially. Must have been great to have those choccies and how wonderful to have more outdoor time :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x