Thursday 27 March 2014

How Does Your Garden Grow? Week 13 2014

This week has been quite a contrast in weather first thing in the morning.
We have had hard frosts, fog and rain. However this has been followed by lovely sunshine which has certainly made a lot of the flowers come out.
This is how our garden has grown this week...

 
 
Hubby built a cold frame last year and when I looked in this week I noticed that the strawberry plants are already starting to flower.
 
 
At the end of last week we noticed these pretty little purple flowers starting to grow. After the rain and afternoon sunshine they have now opened up. We just do not know what they are!
 
  
 The cold mornings have meant that we have had sad daffodils, however they have soon picked up once the sun has started to shine.
 
We now have a lovely little picket fence behind the dividing beds that separate the "family/twins" area from the "play" area. We decided to separate the areas so that Joseph is able to play with his football without worrying about plants or the twins.
 
 
We have noticed this week that some of the seeds in the greenhouse are now starting to grow. The first ones that are coming are cabbage.
 
The cold mornings have left a lot of dew on the garden first thing in the morning. When you look closer at plants in the morning you see the beauty of nature that is often missed.
 
 
 I am sharing this post with Mammasaurus How Does Your Garden Grow head over and look at her beautiful photographs of Exbury Gardens and how other bloggers gardens grow!
 
Mammasaurus and How Does Your Garden Grow?

28 comments:

  1. isn't it exciting seeing all those little buds coming up x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love days like that. frosty in the morning and then they open to be sunny days. i am waiting for our strawberry plants to do something. but so far just green leaves

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those cute low fence! Lots of colors already and cant wait to see the plants finally bloom!
    #hdygg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that last photo and the daffodil close up and aren't you lucky to have strawberry flowers already - just hope it's not too cold for the bees to pollinate them! I have no idea what that blue flower is either now! #blogclub

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh I flipping love that little picket fence.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving that little picket fence - great idea for separating the garden up without being overbearing in the process. Strawberry flowers already ?! Wow - I predict a bumper crop this year ;)

    I know exactly what you mean about the contrasting weather - I am sat in a window by bright sunlight roasting away now but at 8.30 am on the school run (it's always the ruddy school run when it happens!) it was thick sleet and I was soaked to the skin! Madness!
    Best not com pain too much though, it's doing wonders to the plants!

    Thanks for joining in again x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely to see your cabbages coming

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - that's early for strawberries to be in flower - bet you can't wait for the first fruit to ripen! #HDYGG

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this time of year - all the blossom is appearing on our trees here :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is lovely watching all of the flowers start to bloom isn't it. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some lovely colours, I love a daff and a picket fence :) ! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I adore flowers, but live in a new build and we are seriously lacking (just grass). This makes me realise I need more flowers in my life

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lots of pretty flowers coming out now.
    I can't wait for our flowers to start opening, may make the garden look better.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have lots of gorgeous flowers x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your little fence :) Lovely photos x

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is such a lovely time of year with all the new blooms sprouting. (I have serious greenhouse envy!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely colours, such a great idea to separate the garden into two areas so you can keep a play area for the bubbas x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely pictures!
    I hope to plan something new this weekend, lets hope the weather will be kind to me

    ReplyDelete
  19. My apple tree is starting to shoot now - cannot wait to see how its grows this year

    ReplyDelete
  20. They look lovely. We haven't got any flowers in our garden yet. It was overgrown and a disaster area when we moved here late last summer so this year we will tidy up and hopefully next year we will
    Have some colour!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh your garden is spectacular as are these photos. Wow. It's been a strange Spring. Very welcomed, with our blast of days at 18 degrees and even one 21 degrees a couple of Sundays back, and then boom, back to cold nights, and cold early morning. Yet now, we are predicted 18/19 for today and tomorrow. I am glad of any heat we get though, as inconsistent as it is, as last year we did not get a Spring at all, and we even had snow in April last year. As I write this it is 09:45 am Saturday morning and there is a beautiful clear blue sky outside. xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. What beautiful plants! I have whatever the complete opposite of a green fingers are, but I am going to try this year with some herbs and tomatos - and I have some lovely bulbs out :-)
    Love Vicky
    http://www.aroundandupsidedown.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this time of year and watching my garden blossom.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I LOVE this time of year - such beautiful extremes. I like the idea of a picket fence - perhaps we should try that here.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love it when gardens start to wake up

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful photos! This time of year is awesome I love seeing all the new flowers and blossoms!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x