Tuesday 10 January 2017

Butternut Spaghetti Stir Fry

Vegetable noodles are a great way to get added goodness into our diets. But when you want to make a quick meal they are not so great. Spiralising the vegetables can take time that is precious when you are living in a busy household. So when I saw pre prepared vegetable noodles in Aldi I could not wait to try them.


I have made my own courgetti in the past as well as carrot noodles, but I have not tried to spiralise any other vegetables. Aldi have brought out two delicious varieties of vegetable noodles, courgette noodles and butternut squash noodles. I love butternut squash but never thought about spiralising it. As soon as I saw it on the shelf it went straight in my trolley along with plenty of other vegetables for today's recipe.

Today's recipe is not only a super healthy meal but is also a great budget meal!

This is what I did...

Squash Noodle Stir Fry

Ingredients

1 box butternut squash spaghetti
1 courgette, thinly sliced
1 carrot, thinly sliced
150g green beans, trimmed
1/2 red cabbage, shredded
1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
Soy sauce to taste
Handful of peanuts

Method

1 - Heat a wok over a high heat and spray a little oil to cover the base and sides

2 - Place all of the ingredients in the wok and stir fry for 10 minutes

3 - Add soy sauce, to taste, I added 4 tbsp, mix and continue to heat for a minute

4 - Mix in the peanuts and serve



This dish is a perfect way to start the week when you are pushed for time but do not want to compromise of a healthy meal. Forget the take away or a ready meal, simply add the vegetables to a pan and enjoy in 10 minutes! All of the ingredients for this meal cost under £5 and you have vegetables leftover for another meal in the week.

Next week I am going to be making Smoked Salmon Pasta and seeing if I can make it for under £5 so check back next Tuesday to see how I get on!

Enjoy x

Pin me for later!

Disclosure: This is a collaborative post

Hijacked By Twins

Lori's Culinary Creations

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It really was Eb, and so quick to make as well as cheap! x

      Delete
  2. What a lovely mixture of vegetables Kirsty, I bet they were lovely together. I've actually seen the spiralised butternut squash in supermarkets and it caught my attention too - what a great way of using it.
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really were lovely together. Until I saw these squash noodles I had never thought of spiralising a squash. It is definitely going to be easier to buy that do at home x

      Delete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x