Monday 2 January 2017

Weekly Meal Plan - Week 1 2017

Hello, happy new year and welcome to another year of meal planning. Towards the end of last year I was tempted to stop meal planning. But having not planned last week I have realised why I do plan. Last week I dreaded the question "What's for tea?" but when I meal plan I am ready for it and can relax knowing that I have a plan in place.

I have tried to food optimise as much as I could over the Christmas period. I was so disappointed when I went to get weighed at my Slimming World group the Friday before Christmas as I had put on 4lbs. I think that my reduced steps and activity as the children were at home and I was sat working really did have a devastating effect of my weight loss plus the Christmas treats and alcoholic drinks certainly did not do me any favours! This however did give me a bit of a kick up the backside and during the Christmas week I did allow myself treats but did not go mad and drank a lot less that I usually do at Christmas. When it came to stepping on the scales last Friday I was delighted to see that I had managed to maintain my weight. Now that the festivities are over I am back on plan and raring to go!

Another change in our diets is for the hubby. After suffering from digestive problems and doing a lot of research we are going to be trying to follow the FODMAP diet. FODMAP's are a collection of poorly absorbed both simple and complex sugars. They are found in various fruits, vegetables dairy and other foods. Eating foods with a high amount of FODMAP can be hard to digest and can cause pain. So I have a list of low FODMAP foods and am going to be sticking to those for, initially, the month to see if it makes a difference. So watch this space!

Now on to this weeks meal plan. I am looking forward to getting back into a routine. Our meals have been so unorganised and we have had many a late meal which is not great. The hubby and J are back at work and school tomorrow and the twins return of Wednesday so then it will be back to normality.

This is what we will be enjoying this week...


Week 1 - 2017

Monday - Leftover turkey with kale and a mango salsa.

On Sunday we enjoyed a turkey roast dinner. Today we have got some leftovers for dinner and I will be accompanying it with pesto, kale and chickpeas with a mango salsa. This will be posted tomorrow so keep an eye out!

Tuesday - SW Crispy Chicken, Chips and Coleslaw

While I was looking through the latest Slimming World magazine I found this recipe which looks and sounds amazing. It has to be made!

Wednesday - Broccoli Base Pizza

During the Christmas break I made a cauliflower based pizza which was so tasty. Even J ate some and loved it. But since we are following the FODMAP diet we cannot have cauliflower so after doing some research I have found that the same can be done using broccoli so on Wednesday I will be having a go at making one.

Thursday - Cottage Pie with Carrot and Swede Mash

Cottage pie is a classic comfort meal and as we near the end of the first week back to school I think it will be needed!

Friday - Date Night!

On Friday the hubby and I are going out to the cinema and will get something to eat while we are out.

As for the weekend, I am going to wait until closer to the time.

Do you write a meal plan? If you do please feel free to join in with the #mealplanningmonday blog hop!

Hope you have a great week x


get the InLinkz code

3 comments:

  1. Oh, the kale sounds lovely! I'm the only person who'll eat it though, but I will look out for your recipie as I'll make it for my lunch at work. I have never made a cauli (or broccoli) base pizza, you have reminded me I should give it a go! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've recently been thinking about doing meal plans in a bid to be more organised. I'm only at the thinking stage though! Ha ha!

    When it's just two adults in the house, both of whom work on average, 12 hours a day, it's really easy to just think, "Oh, I'll throw together some pasta", or have leftovers. I was definitely more disciplined when I had children at home. I could do with getting back to that level of efficiency.

    I'll definitely be contributing to this once I actually have a plan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The broccoli base pizza sounds like it might be quite nice, I have previously made cauliflower crust pizza which I surprisingly enjoyed. I also follow slimming world and so will follow your meal plans hoping to grab some ideas and inspiration as I often find myself eating the same things each week. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x