Monday 30 January 2017

Weekly Meal Plan - Week 5 2017

Hello and welcome to week 5 of my weekly meal plans. We are now at the end of January and heading into February. February is always a busy month. We have my nieces birthday, followed by the twins birthday and of course the first half term of the year!

I have to admit that last weeks meal plan went to pot. In hindsight my plan was not well thought out. To start with I had planned two pasta dishes on two consecutive days. So from Tuesday it was all change. On Monday I used the Pressure King Pro for the first time and loved it so the fish tagine that I had planned turned into a fish meal using the PKP (my review will be live this week!). When I wrote my meal plan I also forgot that the hubby would want haggis on Burns Night. So that was two days off plan. But thankfully by Thursday we were back on it!


Thankfully my weigh in at Slimming World was more successful than my meal plan. I lost another 1.5lbs which now gives me a total of 26lbs lost! Another 2lbs will give me my 2 stone award so this week I will be extra good and will step up my activity levels.

This is what we will be enjoying this week...

Weekly Meal Plan - Week 5 2017

Monday - Fish, Chips and Mushy Peas

The hubby has requested that we start the week with homemade fish and chips. My chips will be made in the Actifry and I will be filling my plate with salad.

Tuesday - Roots and Ham Bake

This meal is part of a recipe development that I am working on.

Wednesday - Ella's Pea, Courgette and Coconut Risotto

Last week Deliciously Ella released her third delicious cookbook and I was delighted when my copy of Deliciously Ella with Friends arrived. This week we are going to be trying her Pea, Courgette and Coconut Risotto.

Thursday - Lasagne

We all love lasagne and this week I am going to be making a Slimming World friendly lasagne.

Friday - Curry Night

On Friday we will be trying some authentic Indian curry sauces from Vini and Bal's. They have sent me a lovely selection of their sauces to try and I will be reviewing them next week.

Saturday - Slimming World Sausage Casserole

This was a meal that I made the other week and it was a huge success so I will be making it again for Saturday night.

What have you got planned this week? If you are a blogger feel free to join in with the #MealPlanningMonday blog hop, if you tweet me @k_phillipson your meal plan I will retweet them all! If you are not a blogger but want to join in you can in the comments below.

Hope you have a great and tasty week x


get the InLinkz code

8 comments:

  1. Ahh! It sounds like you have a lot of tasty meals planned.
    Homemade fish and chips! Yum! What a great way to start the week x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to fish and chips too :-) hope you have a great week x

      Delete
  2. Just the words sausage, ham and fish and chips makes me happy!! Yummo! You have a brilliant meal plan in place my dear!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andrea, we have started the week well! Hope you have a great week x

      Delete
  3. I did not know you host a linky for this - I will link mine up then, as I started blogging mine three week ago.
    I love lasagne and homemade fish and chips is delicious too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay it's great to have you join in Jenny, I took over from Mrs M. I love meal planning and I look forward to seeing what you're going to be having x

      Delete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x