Tuesday 31 January 2017

#CookBlogShare Week 5 - Plus 4 Lovely Lunches

Welcome to week 5 of CookBlogShare.

Things are changing a little bit with the CookBlogShare team. Unfortunately Mandy from Sneaky Veg is stepping down as a host. Mandy has been a fantastic part of the team and was with me from the start. But I am sure that we all wish Mandy the best and hopes that she continues being a big part of the community! 

As Mandy has stepped down, from now on it will be just Eb and I hosting. I will be hosting Mandy's slot as well as my own and Eb will continue hosting every third week. As I am going to be hosting more I will not be continuing with my Monday round-ups of CookBlogShare but will simply share it with the linky. I am hoping that this will give me one less job to do and I love reading through all the delicious posts that you share each week.

Now onto this weeks linky and four featured posts. This week is all about lovely lunches. Here are my four favourite recipes from week 4 of CookBlogShare...

At the moment I LOVE kale so as soon as I saw this Warm Kale, Pomegranate and Avocado Salad from Free From Farmhouse it had me hook, line and sinker! Everything about this salad screams out "eat me!". The recipe is now at the top of my to try list and I cannot wait to have this for a deliciously healthy lunch.

Another perfect lunch for this time of year has to be a lovely, warming bowl of homemade soup. The Intolerant Gourmand shared her Mushroom Soup which has left me yearning to make some. There are some soups which need to have just one star ingredient and mushroom is one of those. This soup looks deliciously creamy with the addition of some dairy free creme fraiche.

If you are looking for a baked treat to go with your salad then The Peachicks' Bakery has the ideal recipe. These Vegan Olive, Tomato and Basil Swirls are delicious little pinwheels of puff pastry that are full of the flavours of the Mediterranean, olives, extra virgin olive oil, tomatoes, garlic, red onions and basil. All of the flavours that we love, these will definitely be made during the next half term!

Last but not least is a recipe from Fix Me a Little Lunch. Since starting on my Slimming World journey meals like this have become an instant success. This Black Lentil Bowl with a Poached Egg is going to be a lunch which will keep you wanting more especially when you crack into the poached egg and release the lovely runny yolk!

If you missed any of these recipes last week I thoroughly recommend you pop over and take a look!

Now onto this weeks linky. As always there is no theme, anything foodie goes! All that I do ask is that you add the badge below, comment on either this post or the post labelled HOST and of course visit some other posts that have been shared. If you tweet me your post I will retweet and throughout the week I will be commenting on all of your posts, tweeting, pinning and stumbling them.

I cannot wait to see what you have been cooking up!


18 comments:

  1. I know just what you mean about Kate's salad - it sounds so delicious! It's sad to hear that Mandy has stepped down as co-host, but I imagine it takes up an awful lot of time on the quiet. It's good to hear you and Eb are continuing :-)
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, we could not stop! Kale is a fantastic ingredient isn't it x

      Delete
  2. Morning Kirsty, all the featured recipes look so tasty and healthy! I like my lunch vegetarian too, if I have meat I tend to have it for dinner. I am linking up a vegetarian dish today too - great for lunch but also suitable as a side or even main dish (with some rice or quinoa). Another recipe later on today:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I look forward to reading, I love meals that go with quinoa! x

      Delete
  3. YUM! Loving all the recipes this week, but especially that gorgeous kale salad. Love kale!! Eb x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kale is a fantastic vegetable isn't is, and super healthy! x

      Delete
  4. I adore mushroom soup - perfect for a damp and dreary, cold day like today. thank you for hosting x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy!!! Make sure to come over again and link up your yumminess with The Blended Blog!! We adore your recipes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arrr thank you Andrea, it is in my weekly schedule x

      Delete
  6. Lovely selection of recipes Kirsty! Thanks for being so understanding about me not hosting any more x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mandy, No worries, just keep joining in with us you are a valued part of the community x

      Delete
  7. Thanks so much for featuring my mushroom soup! What a lovely collection of recipes to be part of! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your soup recipe, I am planning to make it soon x

      Delete
  8. Loads of lovely yums as usual! Honestly, how can people say they get bored of the same old thing... don't they know about food bloggers? LOL!

    Sorry that Mandy is stepping down but I completely understand why - not sure I'd have the time to run a link party... and I don't even have kids at home! Ditto you no longer having time to do the round-ups. Which of course, makes it all the more fab that you're continuing to host the linkies... for which we are all very grateful, so thank you, Kirsty! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a shame Nico but completely understandable. Thank you for supporting the linky x

      Delete
  9. Fantastic, another week, another great linkup... thanks for hosting! That kale salad looks delicious - I do love kale, although I have to say that it's recently been beaten into second place in my brassica league table, by cavolo nero.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cavolo nero is another great vegetable, but kale is a definite favourite. Thank you for joining in with #CookBlogShare

      Delete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x