Friday 13 January 2017

Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup

Soups are a perfect winters lunch. They are warming, super healthy and full of nutritional goodness. If you make your own they are even slimming! One of my favourite soups has to be a good old tomato soup. The tomato is such a versatile ingredient and it is an ideal base for soups. My recipe today uses the base of tomatoes but the other vegetables really are the stars of the show.

For this soup I have used roasted vegetables. Roasting vegetables gives them an added boost of flavour, their sweetness really does come through and transforms their overall flavours. Combined with the trusty tomato this soup is a bowlful of healthy deliciousness.

This is what I did...

Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup

Ingredients

2 red peppers, seeds removed and cut in half
2 carrots, trimmed, cut in halve and sliced into chunks
1 red onion, quartered
1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into quarters
1 sprig of rosemary
1 x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
300mls vegetable stock

Method

Pre heat the oven to 200C

1 - Place the red peppers, carrots, onion and sweet potato in a roasting tin, spray with oil and add the sprig of rosemary


2 - Place the roasting tin in the pre heated oven and roast for 30 minutes

3 - Once the vegetables have been roasted remove from the oven and place in a saucepan

4 - Pour over the chopped tomatoes and vegetable stock and bring to the boil

5 - Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes

6 - Remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool slightly before placing in a blender to blitz into a smooth soup


This soup is so full of flavour without needing to add any additional spices. The roasted vegetables simply do all the hard work for you. This is quite a thick soup which is a filler or a meal, but if you do not want it as thick simply add a little more stock.


If you are following the Slimming World plan this is a fantastic syn free meal and you are getting some delicious speedy vegetables into your diet!

Enjoy x

Pin me for later!

Hijacked By Twins

Sparkly Mummy

18 comments:

  1. That looks so creamy and delicious and great that you can make it with tinned tomatoes, as fresh ones get expensive and aren't always good this time of year. I love tomato soup and really want to try this! #foodiefriday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tinned tomatoes are a cupboard essential for me they are so versatile! x

      Delete
  2. I adore roasted red peppers, they're one of my favourite foods so I suspect that I would love this soup. It looks so simple to make too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so sweet once roasted aren't they! Their flavours really do transform x

      Delete
  3. Love putting roasted peppers in soup! This is such a lovely colour and sounds full of flavour. Rich and gorgeous..... please send over a bowl instantly! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll send you a bowl right over! Roasted peppers are a great ingredient x

      Delete
  4. This looks so yum :) I love a good soup, especially in this weather! Might have to make up a batch for myself...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soup has to be my favourite lunch on a cold miserable day, bliss in a bowl x

      Delete
  5. I know just what you mean about roasting veg - it really does bring out the sweetness in their flavour. Great bowl of soup - just what we need when teh weather is a chilly.
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does transform their flavour doesn't it. You can't beat a bowl of soup at this time of year, especially on a miserable day like today x

      Delete
  6. Ooh this looks delicious, definitely going to be trying this at the weekend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenni, it really is a tasty soup. If you do make it let me know what you think x

      Delete
  7. Mmmm but where's the bread hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha I am trying to loose weight hence the lack of bread, but I do agree, you can't beat a lovely slice of bread with soup x

      Delete
  8. Ooh it looks yummy I can almost smell it! I've actually NEVER made soup myself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do love tomato soup, especially freshly made.........looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I do love a nice hearty soup this weather and this looks really easy to make

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love a good soup but have never made one using red peppers - but that's soon to change, can't wait to give this a go

    Thanks for linking up to #FoodieFriday

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x