Thursday 16 November 2017

Choosing the Best Olive Oil

We love olive oil, especially when it come to dipping fresh bread. Finding the perfect olive oil can sometimes be a bit of a minefield. Do you pay extra or stick to cheaper versions, do you go for extra virgin or just plain olive oil? If you do not know your oils it can be a hard choice.

So when I was asked if I would like to share the olive oil guide below I thought that it would not only benefit me for future reference but any food loving person would also find it helpful.

Usually we go for extra virgin olive oil as we like that for mixing with balsamic vinegar. But after seeing this guide I will be ensuring that I have got a bottle of pure olive oil for cooking with and save the extra virgin for dipping and dressings.


If you have had a busy week and the last thing you want to do is cook you could always get the best if Italian food delivered from Jamie's Italian and knowing Jamie's restaurants they will only be using the best olive oil!

Olive oil has plenty of health benefits as well as tasting great. Olive oil is one of the oils which contains the good fats that our bodies need!

So how do you like your olive oil?

Do you prefer extra virgin, light or pure?

Enjoy x



Disclosure: This is a collaborative post

3 comments:

  1. I now mainly use cold pressed rapeseed oil for all my cooking but I always have at least one bottle of really good extra virgin olive oil for salad dressings. I love how many varied flavours you can get all from the exact same basic ingredient, but depending on how and where it is made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love olive oil but have limited knowledge about it so this is very useful, I find using the right type of oil is so important, especially in salads and other dishes where the oil isn't cooked.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x