Wednesday 15 November 2017

#TheWayWeMakeIt with Cully and Sully Soup

One of the things I love most about this time of year is how perfect soups are on a cold day. There is no better meal to warm up with. Soups are pure comfort in a bowl. So when Cully and Sully got in touch and asked me if I would like to share how I like my soup I knew that I would have fun!


As much as I love to make my own soup now that I have returned to work I simply do not have the time to. Thankfully these soups from Cully and Sully taste just like good old homemade soups. Cully and Sully grew up in the Ireland's foodie capital, Cork. Cully is the cook who has created these delicious soups while Sully deals with the business side. But together they have the ideal ingredients for good quality food that you can take time out with and savour the goodness.



As much as I love soup on its own I love to have side dishes. For me, it is what you serve your soup with that really makes the meal. In the past I have used soups with pasta to make a sauce with a twist. But for me the perfect accompaniment has to be focaccia and a good mature cheese. I decided to adapt my rosemary focaccia and use red onion and mature cheddar cheese as they compliment the Cully and Sully Creamy Tomato and Basil Soup.


The sweetness from the red onion extenuates the creaminess of the soup while the mature cheese, when dipped in the hot soup melts into a creamy delight.


If you do not like tomato soups, do not worry! Cully and Sully have a wide range of soups and meals including:
  • Pea and Minty Soup
  • White Winter Vegetable Soup
  • Vegetable Soup
  • Honey, Carrot and Coriander Soup (I need to have this!)
  • Chicken and Vegetable Soup
  • Mushroom Soup
  • Lentil and Smoked Bacon Soup
  • Smoked Haddock and Salmon Chowder
  • Thai Chicken Soup
So what ever your taste you are guaranteed to find a soup that you will love. I will be feasting on a bowl of chicken and vegetable tomorrow at work!

How do you like your soup? What is your favourite food to serve with soup?

Pin me for later!

Hijacked By Twins

Disclosure: This is a collaborative post

2 comments:

  1. This sounds amazing i love soup this time of year

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great range of flavours I shall have to keep my eye open for them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x