Tuesday 14 November 2017

#CookBlogShare Week 46 Plus 4 Decadent Cheesecakes!

Hello and welcome to week 46 of CookBlogShare!

Now that the final half term of the year has been and gone it really does feel like Christmas will be here before we know it which I really do not mind. I love the festive time of year, especially planning the all important Christmas dinner. This year I feel so organised, our turkey has been ordered, as has a gammon joint to cook for ham and I have even booked a delivery slot with Ocado to deliver all of our goodies. I have even started to plan some posts for the run up to Christmas.

Over the half term I had so many plans to schedule posts but, typically, I was ill over the break so did not get round to it. I am still trying to find a good balance between all that life throws our way. But looking back I have got a lot done. One of my favourite foodie finds is orzo, I know it is not new but it was only recently that I bought some to try. It has become my go to ingredient for when we want a risotto but are short of time, which has to be the majority of the time. While we were carving out pumpkins on a recent farm trip I took along a bag as I had a delicious recipe planned and we were not disappointed!


My Pumpkin Orzo Risotto is a recipe that I will definitely be making again and if I cannot get pumpkin I will simply use butternut squash instead.

What are your go to ingredients on a busy night?

Last week Eb from Easy Peasy Foodie hosted the CookBlogShare linky and there were so many delicious recipes shared but the sweet treats won. Here are my four favourite recipes from week 45 of CookBlogShare...



I adore cheesecakes, there really are my weakness when it comes to puddings and these four cheesecakes left me wanting more.

All That's Jas shared her Layered Maple Cheesecake which takes cheesecakes to a whole new level! A biscuit base, cheesecake, topped with spiced cake and finished off with maple icing, what is there not to love?

Who doesn't love a Baileys at Christmas? It is one drink that we get every Christmas so as soon as I saw that Vicki from The Free From Fairy had combined chocolate and Baileys to create this gluten-free and vegan cheesecake I knew that it would be a recipe to try!

If you are looking for a showstopper of a cheesecake then look no further. Kat from The Baking Explorer has left me speechless with her Double Chocolate Cheesecake. What makes this cheesecake stand out is the stunning decorations on the top, so much talent!

Just when you thought that cheesecakes could not get any better wait until you see what Jenny from Mummy Mishaps has created! Her Triple Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake will leave everyone wanting more. Chocolate and raspberry is one of my favourite combinations, this goes to the top of my 'to try' list!

Now over to this weeks linky. I cannot wait to see what you have been cooking up. To refresh yourself of the 'rules' click here. Plus don't forget to tweet your link!

Hope you have a yummy week x

Hijacked By Twins


13 comments:

  1. Ahhhh! Cheesecakes!! :D And that Pumpkin Risotto sounds delish! Thanks for hosting, Kirsty. Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh yummy cheesecakes! I'd more than happily have a slice of each one of those :-D
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - 4 awesome cheesecakes...I can't choose! So I'll have a big slice of each please :-D ...after I've had a plateful of your wonderful Pumpkin Orzo Risotto that is ;-) Eb x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheesecakes are also my dessert weakness so I love that you've chosen them this week. I have just been thinking that I need to make them more often at home as the last couple of times I've ordered one for dessert when we've been out, I've hardly eaten any as both children keep digging into my plate. At least if I made on at home I'd get to eat some!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You ask my daughter what her favourite pudding is and she'll say cheesecake every time! ...The risotto is more my cup of tea so I'll be making that for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh these cheesecakes look so good! I only ever make really basic versions, they don't look this pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for featuring my cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am crazy for cheesecakes. These are all very unlike anything I've made before, so I'm just itching to give them a try! I guess I'll be giving my treadmill a run for its money...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those Cheesecakes are really to die for..looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good choice for a round up Kirsty. These cheesecakes are so amazing... I could eat all of them! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great selection! I love cheesecakes and those look amazing! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My go to dinner on a busy night is almost always pasta with tomato sauce - I usually have some stashed in the freezer and everyone likes it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those cheesecakes rock!!!What a stunning collection.Thankyou for hosting this week too.x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x