Monday 27 November 2017

Weekly Meal Plan - #MealPlanningMonday

Hello and welcome to week 48 of MealPlanningMonday.

We are now on the countdown to Christmas, four weeks today we will be feasting, drinking and spending quality time with our family. For once we are all ready and prepared for Christmas and are looking forward to a couple of weeks at home. Now that the countdown is on I am starting to think about foodie treats. I know that I am a bit late, but I have got a Christmas cake to make, all of the ingredients are in so I am good to go. I was going to make it last weekend but a cold struck so I did not get up to much over the weekend. This year I am basing our cake on a recipe that I found in Nigel Slater's The Christmas Chronicles. It is a cake that is full of more than just raisins and sultanas and I am really looking forward to making (and eating) it!

As I was feeling under the weather the hubby cooked a delicious meal using one of our favourite meats, pheasant. We love this time of year as it is game season, he cooked the breasts wrapped in bacon. I have shared the recipe in the past but it is always so much better when someone else cooks for you!

Last week I told you about a new recipe and giveaway well I am pleased to say that the post and giveaway is now live! Please head on over and have a look at my Smoke Dust Chilli and Nifty Kitchen giveaway post and enter!


Now on to this weeks meal plan. This is what we will be enjoying this week...
Week Commencing 27th November 2017

Monday - Sausage and Mash

When I was doing our shopping I found some pork and beetroot sausages that were reduced so we will start the week with a good comforting meal.

Tuesday - Chicken Pesto Pasta

Another flash sale find was some lovely fresh pesto so on Tuesday I will be coating some chicken, mushrooms and pasta with the pesto for a quick and easy meal as the hubby and I are going Christmas shopping to get the final bits!

Wednesday - Shepherds Pie

I managed to order a few too many potatoes hence another meal with mash! Shepherds pie is always a favourite in our house!

Thursday - Jacket Potatoes

Thursdays are when our shopping arrives so I need an easy meal. I will put some jacket potatoes in the oven and will probably get something out of the freezer to serve with them.

Friday - Treat!

After a busy week I am loving the Friday night treats. After a busy week I cannot be bothered to cook so I usually pop into Marks and Spencer's food hall on my way home and pick something up!

Saturday - Turkey Roll

This is a Christmas recipe that I am planning for the blog. I have got a turkey breast in the freezer and I am planning to roll it around some pheasant breasts.

On Sunday's we usually go to see my parents for a roast dinner!

What meals have you got planned this week? Share your meal plan with the #MealPlanningMonday blog hop!

Hope you have a great week x


Hijacked By Twins

get the InLinkz code

2 comments:

  1. The Christmas cake sounds so good! I don't bother making one as my great Aunt always gives me one for Christmas. hehehe
    Your meal plan sounds so good! I love the sound of the Turkey Roll!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x