Tuesday 10 December 2013

Tipsy Mincemeat Cupcakes

I love mincepies at Christmas and have made some lovely tipsy mincemeat in preperation.
However, after digging out my tart tray I found that it was not in the best condition and not exactly non stick!
So until I can get out and buy a new one I thought I'd put a twist on the traditional mincepies by making mincepie cupcakes!
These are a great and easy alternative for any guests who prefer cake to pastry.
This is how to make them...
 
Tispy Mincemeat Cupcakes
 
Ingredients

150g baking margarine
150g caster sugar
150g self raising flour
3 eggs at room temperature
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
200g Mincemeat

Method

Pre heat the oven to 180C

1 - Mix together the baking margarine and sugar until light and creamy

2 - Mix the flour, nutmeg and cinnamon together in a seperate bowl

3 - Gradualy add the eggs along with a little of the flour and spices to prevent curdling

4 - Sift in the remaining flour and spices, adding in any spices left in the sieve

5 - Fold the mincemeat into the cake mixture. I have used my tipsy mincemeat in these cupcakes!

6 - Place the cake mixture into cupcake cases and bake for 20 minutes

These cupcakes can be decorated in so many different ways, with buttercream, royal icing, or with marzipan stars as I have done or they are delicious simply on their own.
They can be served warm or cold or even with a little cream.
However you chose to serve them I'm sure they will be enjoyed by everyone!
Enjoy x
 

The Great Bloggers Bake Off is hosted by the lovely Helen and Jenny at:

1 comment:

  1. ooooh yes! these sound lovely and i love the star decoration on top Kirsty. thank you for linking up x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x