Friday 6 December 2013

Paul Hollywood's Pies and Puds - Potato, Cheese and Onion Pie

I love a good cook book!

But I often struggle to stick to a recipe and enjoy putting my own twists on a dish to make it my own.

I recently won a signed copy *excited squeal* of Paul Hollywood's Pie & Puds.
I am a huge Paul Hollywood fan and started by baking journey when hubby bought me his How To Bake book.

As soon as I started using that book I was addicted.

My passion for baking really took off.

At that time I baked bread but used my mixer.

After watching the Bread series I got my hands stuck in and have never looked back. I love feeling the changes Iin the dough as I knead.

There are so many delicious looking dishes in Pies & Puds. There are so many dishes that I want to make and see if they really are as tasty and as easy to make as they seem.

I am going to start going through this book and yes, I will follow the recipe. After I have made it I am going to give my opinion on how easy it was to make and how tasty it was.

Then in my true style I am going to think what, if any, changes I would make.
 
The first recipe that I followed was the Potato, Cheese and Onion Pie.

This was such an easy pie to make and was so tasty!

I love adding extras to my pastry to make it that little bit different so I loved the addition of cheese!

I am a huge cheese fan and this recipe did not disappoint. It is ladened with cheese!

I loved the different textures within this pie. When it is hot and fresh out of the oven the crisp pastry is combined perfectly with the smoothness of the mashed potato. When the pie is cold the pastry looses the crunch as the potato becomes more firm but it is just as delicious and easy to put in a packed lunch or to cut into fingers for the children, and me if I'm honest, to nibble at.

This is definitely going to be a pie that I will be baking again.

Would I add or change anything?

I love this recipe just as it is but I am tempted to try adding some smoked bacon lardons!

This is a meat free meal that would please even the biggest meat eater!

It is a real warming pie that is perfect for the cold evenings!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x