Wednesday 11 December 2013

Wednesday Words - Poorly Twins

The cold bug has hit the house!
The victims this time are the twins, luckily Joseph and hubby are both ok.
I'm not feeling 100% but on I plod!
When the twins are not very well it can be more tiring than when they are well.
They don't sleep as well as they normally do during nap time and I usually end up with one if not the pair of them snuggled up asleep on my knee.
So at the moment my days revolve around wiping snotty noses and giving lots of cuddles.
My Wednesday Words quote today is one of my favourite twin quotes, it is so true and a good one to remember when I am worn out at the end of the day.

Two Faces to wash, and four dirty hands,
Two insistent voices, making demands,
Twice as much crying, when things go wrong,
The four eyes closing, with slumber song,
Twice as many garments, blowing on the line,
Two cherubs in the waggon, soaking up sunshine,
Work I do for twins, naturally comes double,
But four arms to hug me, repay all my trouble
 
Author - Unknown
 

 
On the plus side, they should have got rid of their cold by the time Christmas comes and hopefully nobody else will get it!
 
Wednesday Words is hosted by the lovely Emma at Crazy With Twins. Please go and read her heart moving Wednesday Words post for this week.
My thoughts and prayers go to her and her family during this hard time x

http://www.crazywithtwins.com/2013/12/11/wednesday-words-bravery-survival/




7 comments:

  1. One child with a cold is hard enough so I do not envy you! Fingers crossed all clear for Father Christmas's arrival though! #wednesdaywords

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your twins get better soon - I can't imagine how hard it must be to have two the same age ill at the same time! Love the poem too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really gets across the blessings twins bring

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get well soon x Amazing poem #wednesdaywords

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear, hope you are all fighting fit real soon. We were struck down with a sickness bug last week and it took all four of us down! So many nasties going round at the mo... roll on the Xmas holidays :-) #WednesdayWords

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear, we were hit as well; myself, Harry then daddy D - one at a time. Really sweet words though, my lill guy gets super cudly when he is ill so there's a plus side to it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope the twins are feeling better this week?
    What a brilliant verse. So true. Like only a twin parent would know! :)
    #WednesdayWords

    Thanks for your kind prayers too. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x