Wednesday 30 August 2017

Quick and Easy Avocado Salad

Over the weekend we were blessed with some lovely sunny days which were perfect for eating al fresco. At this time of year I love salad but I am always looking for ways to make them more exciting than your regular lettuce, tomatoes and cucumber. One salad ingredient that I love is avocado. It adds such a delicious creamy texture to a salad and not forgetting providing you with some good, healthy fats. Most people associate avocado with guacamole but it can be so much more!

This salad side dish that I am sharing with you today is so quick and easy to make but full of flavour and will simply keep you coming back for more!

This is what I did...

Avocado Salad

Ingredients

1 avocado
6 radish, chopped
1 shallot, chopped
1/4 red pepper, chopped
Fresh apple mint
Lemon
Sea Salt

Method

1 - Cut the avocado in half, remove the stone and scoop out the flesh

2 - Cut the avocado into quarters and slice

3 - Place the avocado in a bowl and add the chopped radish, shallots and red pepper

4 - Mix all of the ingredients together

5 - Take a few sprigs of apple mint and finely chop

6 - Add the apple mint to the salad and squeeze half a lemon over and stir in the juice

7 - Sprinkle over some sea salt and place in the fridge until needed


This avocado salad is the perfect accompaniment to a BBQ salad or served on a bed of fresh salad leaves. There really are endless possibilities for this avocado salad. Next time that I make a Mexican meal I will forget buying some guacamole and will just make this. The chunks of vegetables are so much more satisfying that a smooth dip!


Enjoy x

Pin me for later!


Hijacked By Twins

4 comments:

  1. Ooohh, what a gorgeous and easy salad! I love avocados—but did you know that they have their own category of food-caused injury? Just Google "avocado hand". Do NOT look at the images! ;-) In all seriousness, though: this salad has great textures going on, with the creaminess of the avocados in counterpoint to the wonderful crunch of the radishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks lovely and fresh just right for making on the odd sunny day that we have left this year. (i say that as my cat has just moved off a sunny window ledge to a cooler spot on my desk in the shade. Perhaps I should make some for lunch today. I think It would go fabulously with a grilled lamb chop or some fish. Thanks you for linking it up to this weeks #CookBlogShare

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love avocados and often just eat them with a spoon when I'm a bit peckish but trying to avoid more unhealthy snacks. This salad looks like such a lovely way to serve it though and I love the sound of the apple mint in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, yum, yum! I love avocados and I love them in salads and I love all the flavours you have chosen to go in this one - I could just devour a whole bowlful...right now!! :-D Eb x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x