Monday 4 September 2017

Weekly Meal Plan - #MealPlanningMonday Week 36 - Back to School!

Hello and welcome to week 36 of #MealPlanningMonday!

It is the time of year that you either love or hate. It is time for the children to return to school after the long summer holidays. I have to admit that I LOVE this time of year, yes I do love my children but I also love having some time out. This September is different as it also means that I am going back to work and yes I am looking forward to that too!

It is also time to step up with my meal planning. Over the holidays I have got lazy and have not really followed them. Don't get me wrong, I did set out to follow the plan but a mixture of days out, busy days, stress and pure laziness lead to me basically winging it. But now that I am back to work having a meal plan in place is a necessity.

Last week we had a late evening visit to Marks and Spencer's food hall and from now on I will be going late in the day. We picked up so many bargains and have quite literally stocked the freezer up. Meat reduced to £1.50, fish reduced to under £2, we got so many bargains. They will be featuring in this meal plan and will hopefully mean we do not need to get too much when we do the shopping on Friday.

This is what we will be enjoying this week...
Week Commencing 4th September 2017

Monday - Pork Saltimbocca

This was a bargain buy. Usually this costs £5 for 2 pork steaks, however we got them reduced to just £1.50 so we got 2 packs! This will be served with vegetables and new potatoes. The children are still at home but I am back to work. The hubby has got a couple of days at home so he will probably be cooking.

Tuesday - Chicken Pasta

On Tuesday the Tour of Britain will be going through our village! This means that around the area traffic is going to be busy. I am planning a longer day at work while the hubby is planning a cycling day. He is a cyclist and cannot wait to see the tour coming through. I will be cooking an easy dinner of pasta in truffle oil served with chicken and green vegetables. On Tuesday the twins return to school and we are hoping that it stays dry as their school is planning a picnic to watch the riders pass.

Wednesday - Salmon

Another bargain that we got was salmon. I always stock up on fish when it is reduced as it can be expensive. On Wednesday both the hubby and J go back to work and school so an easy, quick meal will be needed. I will be serving the salmon on a bed of stir fry.

Thursday - Chicken Tikka Masala

On Thursday I am going to cheat with an easy curry. When I did the shopping last week I saw some sauces and Indian sides on offer. We all love a good curry and I know that it is a meal that we will all love!

Friday - Steak Pudding

We are going to finish the week off with a steak and Guinness pudding with chips, onion rings and vegetables. A good comforting meal to end the first week back.

As for the weekend I will be planning nearer the time.

Are you team love or team hate when it comes to the children going back to school? What meals do you have planned for the first week back?

Come and share you meal plan with the #MealPlanningMonday blog hop!

Hope you have a great week x

Hijacked By Twins

get the InLinkz code

3 comments:

  1. Ahh! My two go back to school tomorrow...I'm dreading it. I hate the early mornings. lol Well done with your Marks and Spencer bargains. Everything you have planned sounds great especially the steak and Guinness pudding. What a fab end to the week x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work with the meat bargains! It's hard to get that around here as the other shoppers are like vultures. Loving the sound of the steak pudding! Proper autumnal fayre!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a teacher so I'm not a fan of going back to school ! You got some great bargains there and the meal plan is the perfect balance of healthy, tasty but quick - sounds ideal to me ! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x