Thursday 17 August 2017

Loving the Outdoors

Going camping last week made me realise how much I love the outdoors and nature. One of my favourite ways to relax while away, admittedly it was when the children were in bed, was just looking up at the sky. We often do not take the time to look up and admire the beauty that is always there.


Since returning home I have found myself missing being outside and have noticed a drop in my moods and a rise in my anxiety and combined with stir crazy children this has not been a good mixture. Over the weekend J asked me if I would go outside at watch the meteor shower. On the first night it was too cloudy but thankfully the following night it was lovely and clear. We were stood, looking up for so long we got neck ache, so we ventured down to the bottom of the garden to sit back and enjoy the show. Well, I say show, but we only saw one shooting star but it was spending time with J that I enjoyed most of all. I wish it was lovely enough to do this all year round. It was so relaxing just looking up at the sky but we cannot rely on the great British weather to do this all year round.

 


This got me thinking of ways that the sky can be appreciated all year round, regardless of the temperature, whether it is raining or snowing, from the comfort of an armchair. Roof windows from VELUX would allow us to do just this. Anything that allows more natural light into the house and that will give us the view of the great outdoors would make a huge impact on home life. Having this feature would give us the ideal chill out zone. In the future when we look at extending our house this type of window will be on the top of my list. But until then I will continue to go outside as often as I can, for as long as the weather allows me and look forward to our next camping trip!
  

Disclosure: This is a collaborative post

1 comment:

  1. what lovely look oh the world is a beautiful place
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x