Tuesday 19 September 2017

#CookBlogShare Linky Week 38 - Plus Awesome Apple Recipes

Hello and welcome to week 38 of #CookBlogShare.

Before I go on I must apologise for the post being a little late. I had it in my head that I was hosting next week! Life is certainly manic at the moment and J turns 13 today so my head has been all over!

Now on to food! I am loving the excuse to cook more autumnal meals, the weather seems to have turned even earlier this year. But it also means that we are starting to have more warming dishes. One food that is a favourite at the moment has to be apples. We have got a young apple tree in the garden that we got fruit from for the first time last year. This year we got a bumper crop from it but they were all ready to drop at the same time so I had a lot to use at once. My favourite way of using up apples has to be stewing them. Once you have got your stewed apples there are so many ways to use them. With this in mind it is no surprise that apples are the focus of this weeks CookBlogShare linky.

Check out these awesome apple recipes...


I love McDonald's apple pies and Apply to Face blog has managed to recreate these iconic fast food treats at home with her Deep Fried Apple Pies!

On my blog, Hijacked By Twins, I shared a delicious way to jazz up your breakfast with my Jazz Apple Breakfast Pots.

Only Crumbs Remain shared a favourite bakery treat of mine. I have fond memories of having Mini Apple and Cinnamon Turnovers from the bakers so will definitely try making my own at home!

The Baking Explorer combined two desserts in one with her No Bake Apple Crumble Cheesecake. I love both crumble and cheesecake and this no bake version is perfection on a plate!

Jo's Kitchen Larder has given a classic pie a make over. This Best Buttery Apple Pie with a Twist looks amazing! I will let you pop over to see what the twist is!

Finally Tin and Thyme shared these irresistible Blackberry and Apple Spelt Pancakes, they even come served with brown buttered cobnuts!

Now on to this weeks linky. But first I would like to just recap some of the linky "rules". I like to think of CookBlogShare as a lovely, relaxed linky but there are a few points we do ask you to follow.
  • Please link up only food, recipe or cooking posts, this is a foodie linky
  • You can add up to 4 posts
  • If you are sharing your own linky please share the love and mention the CookBlogShare linky!
  • Add the CookBlogShare badge below so that others can find us and link to the host
  • Comment on the host post, the hosts do a lot of work in the background!
  • Share the comment love, comment on a minimum of 2 other posts per post added so if you add 4 posts comment on a minimum of 8 others
  • By adding your post you are giving the hosts permission to use any photograph is it is selected to feature in a round up post
  • Don't forget to check out the other fabulous hosts Eb at Easy Peasy Foodie, Jacqui at Recipes Made Easy and Monika at Everyday Healthy Recipes
I cannot wait to see what you have been cooking up!

Hijacked By Twins

15 comments:

  1. Well done for managing to post at such short notice. You're a star Kirsty! I do love all the apple recipes but especially Kat's apple crumble cheesecake as that would be my ideal dessert! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohh, yes, my life has been crazy for the past week, too! I missed my usual post last week—finally posted it today, yay! I used to be addicted to those little fried apple pies at Micky D's, so I can't get Apply to Face's version in my belly fast enough! I love cooking with apples in general, though, so all of these yummy recipes are getting a test drive at my house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to J! So many apple recipes last week! I keep seeing bramley apples everywhere and really want to make an apple recipe soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got a teenager now then Kirsty :) Happy Birthday to J! Apple recipes seem to be everywhere at the moment which is great as in my opinion there are never too many so perfect choice for round up Kirsty! Thank you for including my apple pie as well! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant loving the apple recipes! Our apple trees in Suffolk are now mature and this year we have had a bumper crop. Have already got 40 litres of juice some frozen some becoming cider and only harvest about half of the apples.

    Happy birthday to J.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the look of all of these apple recipes. Such great ideas that I hadn't thought of myself. Those deep fried apple pies and turnovers are my idea of heaven! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look like i just missed the Apple Post but these apple recipes look fab Cx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome apple collections..I love deep fried apple pie and apple cinnamon turnovers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fab selection of apple recipes - but my favourite has got to be Angela's gorgeous little hand pies! Eb x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thankyou for including my mini apple pies Kirsty :-), I can't get enough of apple & cinnamon at the moment!
    Happy belated birthday wishes to J,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  11. My FiL bought down a load of apples so will have to give one of these recipes a go! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wishing J very many happy returns.. and welcome to the wonderful world of being a teenager! ;-)

    What a lovely bunch of posts - so mouthwatering. Don't you love this time of year? Autumn food is the best, IMO!

    Thanks for hosting this again, especially at such short notice. You're a star! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woohoo, that is a lot of apple love. Thanks for featuring one of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely round up. I have three apple trees and I am forever looking for great tasty recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It must be Autumn! Apples are definitely 'in'! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x