Monday 18 September 2017

Weekly Meal Plan Plus a Perfect Midweek Recipe

At the moment my blogging time seems to be running away from me. It really is harder than I first thought it would be, working, parenting, housework, being wife and a blogger is such hard work! After I have been at work all day, cooked tea, done some jobs around the house and spent time with the children once they are in bed all I want to do is relax. Before, I used to get the laptop out and blog. I am finding juggling everything exhausting. So to make my blogging life a little easier I am going to start combining my weekly meal plan post with a perfect midweek meal recipe. I thought that it would be the perfect time to inspire your meal plan but a way to get two posts in one.

Before I tell you what we are going to be having this week I am going to share with you a recipe that I have been meaning to share for a long time. In fact, I cannot believe I have not written it up sooner. This is a recipe that we will be having this week. Now that the evenings are drawing in and it is feeling quite autumnal already my Pressure King Pro is going to be out more and more as the cold weather comes. One of my favourite things about the Pressure King Pro is that you can cook on the fast, pressure cooking setting or on the slow cook setting, and even delayed start timer. This is ideal with me being out all day and I know that it is going to be lovely to come home to dinner ready and waiting. This recipe is one of our favourites and one I am looking forward to cooking again this week. Chilli con carne is a great meal that can be served in may ways, with rice, in wraps, as enchiladas and there is always leftovers.

Here is my perfect midweek meal and meal plan...

Pressure King Pro Chilli con Carne

Ingredients

500g lean steak mince
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 red pepper, chopped
1 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
1 400g tin of kidney beans in chilli sauce
500mls beef stock
2tbsp tomato puree
1tsp cumin
1tsp coriander
2tsp chilli powder

Method

1 - Place the Pressure King Pro onto the stew setting and place the mince, onion and red pepper into the cooking pan and brown off the mince for 5 minutes

2 - Add the garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes

3 - Pour in the chopped tomatoes, kidney beans, beef stock, cumin, coriander and chilli powder and stir thoroughly

4 - The next step can be done in 2 ways, if you are in a hurry select the meat function and the chilli will be ready in 20 minutes, or as I like to select the slow cooking function and leave to slow cook for 4 hours.

5 - Once it has finished stir in the tomato puree and serve as desired

I have told you how to cook in the Pressure King Pro but this recipe can be easily adapted to any instapot or slow cook. I find that when I slow cook it the meat comes out so tender and in a really rich sauce.

Now on to this weeks meal plan. On Tuesday it is J's birthday, he is becoming an official teenager so we have got a yummy start to the week, including lots of cake!

This is what we will be enjoying this week...

Week Commencing 18th September 2071

Monday - Birthday Dinner Out

Tonight we are having an early birthday dinner out for J. On Monday's Frankie and Benny's offer a 25% discount which we are going to make the most of.

Tuesday - Birthday Indian

Tuesday is J's birthday so he has chosen what to have for dinner. He has asked that we have an Indian curry, so to make life easier I bought some makhani sauce from Marks and Sparks, naan breads, and poppadoms.

Wednesday - Salmon

After a couple of indulgent meals I think that we will be ready for a lighter, healthier meal so on Wednesday I will be cooking salmon and serving it with minted new potatoes and vegetables.

Thursday - Chilli con Carne

On Thursday I will be making the recipe that I have shared today. We will be having the chilli with rice and I will make an avocado salad as a side dish.

Friday - Treat Night

Fingers crossed on Friday we will have something to celebrate if not I will be drowning my sorrows!

Saturday - Out

On Saturday we are meeting family to celebrate J's birthday and some other family birthdays so I think that we will probably eating out.

Sunday - Roast Dinner

On Sunday we will be at home for Sunday dinner. At the moment I am not sure what meat we will be having but at the moment I quite like the idea of slow cooked beef, but this might change as the week goes on.

Do you meal plan? If you write a meal plan blog post feel free to join in with the #MealPlanningMonday blog hop!


Hijacked By Twins

get the InLinkz code

5 comments:

  1. I really admire people like you who work and blog. There just isn't enough hours in the day sometimes...
    Happy birthday to J. I hope he has a fab day.
    The Chilli con Carne sounds fab...I might have to give that a try. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chilli sounds delicious and I love the idea of using the pressure cooker to make it in. I'd quite like to get one myself! I hope you have a good week - It sounds like you're going to be reallly busy with birthday celebrations so happy birthday to J!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fab week, I do like Frankie and Bennys for a family meal. Your chilli looks gorgeous, it is always a popular meal here x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope J had a great birthday. That chilli sounds delicious x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x